Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q
    Windows Product Key Hash: U8YEZzymoD4DMyaMb32rPrNIS90=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    ID: {149C847F-442E-482E-AE62-D374E535DC57}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.111.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_B4D0AA8B-920-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{149C847F-442E-482E-AE62-D374E535DC57}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3071863914-841919057-1749470435</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>Pavilion dv2404ca (GM040UA#ABL)</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.39</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20071122000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>55333507018400EE</HWID><UserLCID>1009</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-MPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>19</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6000.16386

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: OgAAAAEABgABAAEAAQABAAAAAwABAAEAnJ+mDwgDlKJ8CFiw6nRKPUgkwoPAyPL0PgWqFEYJrFZ4qg==

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20000
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      FACP   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      HPET   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      BOOT   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      MCFG   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      SLIC   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC
      SSDT   HPQOEM  SLIC-MPC

• Split by Darin Smith MS Friday, July 17, 2009 3:56 PM One issue per thread
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hello FRUSTRATED,

It appears that your Vista's Licensing Store may be corrupted.  Below are two sets of steps. The first set will attempt to restet the Store and if that doesn't work, the next will recreate the Store.

1) Click the option that launches an Internet Browser
    2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the address field
    3) Find the file cmd.exe
    4) Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms
    6) Hit the Enter key
    7) Reboot twice

1) Return to the cmd windows 
    2) Type: net stop slsvc  (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    3) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
    4) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    5) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    6) Type: net start slsvc
    7) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    8) Reboot Twice
    9) You may be required to enter Product Key from the COA sticker (located on the side of bottom of the computer) and the Activate (use the Activate by Phone method)

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hello FRUSTRATED,

It appears that your Vista's Licensing Store may be corrupted.  Below are two sets of steps. The first set will attempt to restet the Store and if that doesn't work, the next will recreate the Store.

1) Click the option that launches an Internet Browser
    2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the address field
    3) Find the file cmd.exe
    4) Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms
    6) Hit the Enter key
    7) Reboot twice

1) Return to the cmd windows 
    2) Type: net stop slsvc  (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    3) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
    4) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    5) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    6) Type: net start slsvc
    7) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    8) Reboot Twice
    9) You may be required to enter Product Key from the COA sticker (located on the side of bottom of the computer) and the Activate (use the Activate by Phone method)

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Hello Darin MS,

Thank you for your response , but the laptop computer in question has since completely crashed, This was due to an error with the actual computers "Bios version" having updated itself and creating a conflict with VISTA. Or so this is how I have understood the situation according to "HP's HELP AND SUPPORT". The issue causes the LCD screen to stop turning on for some reason , and the issue is covered by "Hewlett Packard's Service Enhancement" or something along those lines. When the laptop has been repaired and returned to me I will no longer EVER install a VISTA operating system. I installed Vista BUSINESS  on my desktop PC at Vista's release and lost everything on my desktop PC and had to start over (full format back to XP Pro) So now I actually have COA for 2 versions of Vista and I wont be using them anytime in the future. The only reason I mention this is I am curious to know if "Windows 7" is more like Vista or XP? and will it be as problematic as Vista  (from what ever feedback you may have received from beta testing) Please do not provide me a link to the Windows 7 or Vista support pages , I would really like to know if you yourself would apply either version whether it be Vista or Windows 7 to your own personal PC if you had basically a lifetime on your current PC? Or do you own a "MAC" LOL as you know so well of all the problems Windows has been having with any OS newer than XP? Also is Microsoft going to have any offers or free "trade-ups" for people like me who have Authentic Vista OS's  (myself having 2) but aren't currently using them (Basically they are just an expensive paperweight) but have spent the money to buy full or upgraded Vista versions, will there be anything where we can trade are COA's from Vista to get a Windows 7? Although your answer to the previous question about "would you upgrade" and "Windows 7 feedback from Beta testing" as to if I ever change from my XP PRO version.

But anyways I am truly sorry for rambling on , but as I am sure you are aware FRUSTRATED VISTA users/adopters such as myself are just angry and frustrated with the "Vista" experience that we just dont even really know where to start and where to end when it comes to asking for and getting help.

THANK YOU SO MUCH (if you have read my entire ramblings) and I appreciate all of the info/input you have to offer (that aren't just some links to a page or forum. Thanks again,  Simon AKA" FRUSTRATED VISTA USER KINDA HATE VISTA ",
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Hello Frustrated,

You wrote, "This was due to an error with the actual computers "Bios version" having updated itself and creating a conflict with VISTA. Or so this is how I have understood the situation according to "HP's HELP AND SUPPORT". The issue causes the LCD screen to stop turning on for some reason , and the issue is covered by "Hewlett Packard's Service Enhancement" or something along those lines.  When the laptop has been repaired and returned to me I will no longer EVER install a VISTA operating system."

KInda like saying, "I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator.  I put my food in it.  Then the electric power company's line blew out and the power was off for three days.  All my food spoiled.  I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool refrigerator again!!!"

Regarding what happened with Vista Biz on your desktop, that is typical of mistakenly choose "Custom" installation during Setup.  The same kind mistake can be made during XP Setup, too.  Moral of the story, always have your data backed up.

Windows 7 is very very closely related to Vista in its underhood structure.  The most recent major changes to the Windows OS came in the change from XP to Vista, which is why there was so much gnashing of teeth at Vista:  its reputation bore the brunt of changes that had to be made to the design of Windows to enhance stability and security and basically save users frorm their own poor choices.  There have been some interface changes between Vista and 7, but just about anything hardware wise that works on Vista will work on 7.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, July 24, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Hello DAN AT IT ASSOCIATES,

Yes I did write "You wrote, "This was due to an error with the actual computers "Bios version" having updated itself and creating a conflict with VISTA. Or so this is how I have understood the situation according to "HP's HELP AND SUPPORT". The issue causes the LCD screen to stop turning on for some reason , and the issue is covered by "Hewlett Packard's Service Enhancement" or something along those lines"

But if you read the first part of my problem with vista then its not as you said

KInda like saying, "I bought a Whirlpool refrigerator.  I put my food in it.  Then the electric power company's line blew out and the power was off for three days.  All my food spoiled.  I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool refrigerator again!!!"

As the Vista install was stuck at the screen telling me I cant log in because my Vista is not genuine. All I was able to do was a couple random things like use internet explorer and through internet explorer I was able to get to the "My Computer " screen But even after all the help issues provided and after trying and doing all that was asked I was still stuck with "This Windows version is not Authentic"

So at that point yes I was fed up with Vista , I reinstalled Vista to just get that problem GONE AND OUT OF THE WAY so I did a fresh install formatted the drive and reinstalled Vista from scratch. The same thing happened again. "Your windows is not Authentic/Genuine" or whatever it says.

I gave up on Vista and started from scratch again with my TRUSTY WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL and then that is when the BIOS issue happened and rendered the computer useless. Although if the computer was still running, I still wanted to know how to get past the "Vista issue that was continuously happening" But the computer basically crashed from the "HP BIOS ISSUE" so I only said what I did as there was no point in having a "Windows TECH' give me answers when there is nothing I can do and it would basically just waste their time.

As for my Vista Biz fiasco I personally always have my Data backed up, but as I do computer work for a few companies and people they do not always know to back  up their data before any changes big or small and then they call me and by that time its to late. I only said it happened to me as I have seen it so many countless times destroy a person/business computers "basically lifetime" since they started with that current PC and they then have to start over from scratch (besides what I am able to recover from the damaged install HDD)

But anyways I wish to say THANKS A MILLION for the quick reply and info you provided in regards to Vista and Windows 7 architectures. I would really appreciate it if you could also let me know how the Win7 Beta testing went and what type of feedback you as a Windows tech received from the Win 7 "test pilots"

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH FOR THE REPLY,  
                                                                  FRUSTRATED VISTA USER KINDA HATE VISTA (aka Simon)
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:07 PM
  • Hello Frustrated,

Of course this is a guess after-the-fact, but since the software licensing system built into an OEM installation of Vista on the HP computer constantly looks for specific files and values within the computer's BIOS, it is not surprising that a computer that was exhibiting symptoms of a "flaky BIOS" would intermittently trigger software licensing warnings.  You could almost say that Vista was giving you an advance warning that there was something wrong with the computer's BIOS. This diagnosis could be further supported by the fact that you said even a clean installation of Vista on that computer was exhibiting the same symptoms, that the installed Windows was not genuine.

This thread is probably very close to the situation you were experiencing:  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/cb3bb4d8-9439-4570-a38c-259bd7e9bcc7
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:38 PM