One Care Live Problem RRS feed

• Question

• When the "red" status symbol of 'live one care" appears, can a updated download fix the problem?  My computer is at risk at this time.  I tried purchasing McAfee but there was a conflict when I uninstalled and reinstalled One Care.  Please let me know what oher antivirus software is compatible with One Care.  When trying to open the one care to back up files, a message appears that the program is closing and windows will locate the problem and notify me.  "Never happened"

• Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, January 8, 2010 4:45 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare Update)
    Friday, January 8, 2010 5:45 AM

Answers

• You should use only one antivirus program on a computer to avoid conflicts and performance issues. It is not really clear to me if you currently have One Care, McAfee, or both installed. If both One Care and McAfee are installed, it will be necessary to uninstall McAfee. Uninstalling McAfee may resolve the One Care issues. If McAfee is uninstalled and the "At risk" status remains and/or One Care backup continues to fail please contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, January 8, 2010 4:53 PM