locked
Importing/Migrating a Solution from Dynamics CRM 2013 to 2015 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    When I try to import an unmanaged solution exported from Dynamics CRM 2013 (On premise) to Dynamics CRM 2015 (On premise), the import fails with error "This field cannot be secured" on User entity (not field).

    I have a Field Security Profile in a solution but with zero Dependencies.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,


    blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com | skype: ali.net.pk


    • Edited by Khadim Ali Friday, January 9, 2015 3:22 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Answers

  • What's in the Field Security Profile if it has no dependencies ? What happens if you remove the Field Security Profile  from the solution ?

    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by Khadim Ali Monday, January 12, 2015 7:52 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 7:33 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • have you got user entity also included on this solution? 

    MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

    Friday, January 9, 2015 2:23 PM
  • have you got user entity also included on this solution? 

    MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

    Yes. That's why the import is being failed on "User" entity". See the image below.

    Thanks Mayank for the reply.

    


    blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com | skype: ali.net.pk


    • Edited by Khadim Ali Friday, January 9, 2015 2:47 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 2:46 PM
  • What's in the Field Security Profile if it has no dependencies ? What happens if you remove the Field Security Profile  from the solution ?

    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by Khadim Ali Monday, January 12, 2015 7:52 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 7:33 PM
    Moderator
  • What's in the Field Security Profile if it has no dependencies ? What happens if you remove the Field Security Profile  from the solution ?

    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    Hi David,

    Thanks for your reply. Your tip resolved my issue.

    I looked into the security profile that was showing zero dependency. Under "Field Permission" tabs I saw two field entries from "User" table. I tried exporting the solution after deleting the Field Security Profile from the action menu. But still then import failed on CRM 2015 with same error.

    Then I re-installed the original unmanaged solution on CRM 2013 again and disabled the field security on those two fields from the user table. After then the unmanaged solution got installed on CRM 2015 successfully.

    Thanks again.

    However, I ran into another error while importing another unmanaged solution from CRM 2013 to CRM 2015 which I am investigating. Will post another question if required. :)


    blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com | skype: ali.net.pk

    Monday, January 12, 2015 7:48 AM