Windows Phone 8 needs two things RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Phone 8 needs two things...a task kill/ process kill tool and a section (like Androids), that tells you what is using up most of your battery life.  This helped me on my last Android, to gauge what not to leave running and kill said app.  I don't care how smart they claim Windows 8 is, it has nothing to do with Windows 8.  It could be poor programming on the application side, but regardless of any in-efficiencies within the app, sometimes we still need those apps e.g. astronomy apps like Night Sky/ Star Chart etc. 

These apps are known to continue to run in the background.  On my Android, I'd have to kill the task, or my battery would be spent within the hour...the same as some music/ video apps.  We can't rely on the app devs to fix these issues, they do what they want.  This could all be resolved with the darn ability to control your own tasks.  We can alread see what all is in memory by holding down the home button, why not add the ability to swipe them up/ down to kill the task?  Why does Microsoft not want to make these devices IT friendly?  I've already planned  that my next phone is going to be a Black Berry, I just have to have advanced options...ping/ traceroute, controll over my tasks...I figured, with Microsoft's heels planted wtihin the enterprise, that these would just be natural options/ apps that would come/ be readily available.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Answers

All replies