none
MCDST Exam prep!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm studying for the MCDST exam using the self paced training kit, iv'e now reached the point where i'm doing the practice tests that came on the CD with the book. Iv'e been doing fine with the objective review tests, but really struggle when i do the practice tests as it seems like none of the stuff in the test was covered in the training kit, to be honest im not even sure if the stuff in that test is gonna be in the real exam, has anyone out there had the same problem? and can anybody give me any advice as to how i can get study material relevent to the test?

Thnaks

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:44 PM

Answers

• Yes, I've had the same experience, to the extend that it made me so unsure of myself that I didn't take an exam. I think you shouldn't let yourself be guided by the practice tests to decide whether or not you are ready. If you honestly feel that you know all the stuff that is required for a particular exam, go for it. Like the practice tests, the actual exam will have questions that are not discussed in the training kit, but that's just one of the things that make the exams hard (though not impossible).
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with the previous post. I took the MCDST on both XP and the Vista Upgrade, and followed the same path as you with study prep.

The danger with these practice tests, is that you become familiar with the questions then when faced with the actual exam you panic that it's not familiar. You need to look beyond the phrasing in the question and just pull out what it's actually asking.

Hope it goes well.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info www.chorusit.com Twitter:robertpeledie
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 4:18 PM

All replies

• Yes, I've had the same experience, to the extend that it made me so unsure of myself that I didn't take an exam. I think you shouldn't let yourself be guided by the practice tests to decide whether or not you are ready. If you honestly feel that you know all the stuff that is required for a particular exam, go for it. Like the practice tests, the actual exam will have questions that are not discussed in the training kit, but that's just one of the things that make the exams hard (though not impossible).
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with the previous post. I took the MCDST on both XP and the Vista Upgrade, and followed the same path as you with study prep.

The danger with these practice tests, is that you become familiar with the questions then when faced with the actual exam you panic that it's not familiar. You need to look beyond the phrasing in the question and just pull out what it's actually asking.

Hope it goes well.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info www.chorusit.com Twitter:robertpeledie
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 4:18 PM