Vista Validation Error and more!! RRS feed

• Question

• I recieved Vista RC1 Build 5600 and Product Key from Microsoft.  I recently installed a clean copy less than a week ago.  It is my first time using the Vista Product Key.  I validated right from the start and it was successful.  Vista, it's Aero Style and Windows Update worked for the first two boot ups, but now I recieve an Aero error everytime that I start up the machine and when I run a program (mostly games).  I have also recieved Windows Update Errors.  Both errors state that I do not have a validated version of Genuine Windows.  I now recently noticed that at the bottom right hand of my screen that it says that "This Copy of Windows is not genuine".  The only 3rd part programs I have installed have been The Sims 2 (DVD Edition), Age of Mythology and Titans Expansion, and Guild Wars: Factions.  I never installed an  Anti-Virus, until after I started recieving the Validation Errors.  I now have the Microsoft Recommended for Vista "Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 beta".  Now I always recieve a Windows Security Alert stating that the Anti Virus is out of date... I scan for updates, but it's up to date.  I have also tried to send feedback using the shortcut on my desktop, but it always fails.  Even when I try to validate Vista online I recieve an Error?  Please someone help!?

*Note:  I have read other threads and suggestions, and so far nothing has worked.

Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:54 PM

Answers

• Bckchrry08

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:10 PM

All replies

• Whats the error message you see when validating at www.microsoft.com/genuine for Vista? Does the issue occur without your 3rd party anti-virus installed?

(You can click Validate Windows, it'll autodetect Vista)

-phil

Monday, October 16, 2006 6:34 AM
  • The Error states:

Unknown error encountered during Windows Vista validation.

The validation service is unable to determine whether your copy of Windows Vista is genuine. This issue may be resolved if you run validation later. Until your copy of Windows is validated, certain features of Windows Vista may be disabled. Access to the latest updates, all available features, and product support is reserved for customers running genuine Windows.

Also... I uninstalled my anti-virus, and it's still failed to Validate.  (Even after restart)  I then tried uninstalling Abobe Flash Player 9 (that was the first thing that I installed after a clean install of Vista) and now it says, online that the validation was successfull, but I still cannot access Aero, MS Updates, or even automatic internet time (It constantly gives wrong time and a date in 2007).  I have restarted, but nothing fixes.

When I try to MS Update it says it failed to update due to "Error Found: Code 0x80072f8f"  when I search with MS Help it does not show that error type.

It also still says on the desktop that "This copy of Windows is not genuine"... Vista has a never-before used Product Key straight from Microsoft,and Vista worked perfectly for the first day but now.... ARGH!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:49 PM
  • I think I may have found the problem.  After reading some more posts... I found the link to the Microsoft Validation Diagnostic Page... ran the scan, then had to change my date and time again.  After that it allowed me to validate, then I updated using Microsoft Update and restarted after the update was installed.  I no longer recieve the validation error pop ups and it no longer says that "this copy of windows is not genuine" on the bottom right hand of my screen.

To put it plain in simple, make sure date and time are correct (because when not validated, the clock doesn't auto detect internet time).  Also, not to give any false hope or discouragments, I still feel that "Adobe Flash Player 9 with ActivX caused the problem.  That's my opinion though.

*If anyone can disprove this method please post so that it doesn't confuse any one else.  And because I would really like to watch Flash Player online clips!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:23 PM
  • Bckchrry08

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:10 PM
  • hi,

well for this one its better if you will email the WGA technical support on this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&ln=en-us&gprid=9860&
    its for free.. they will answer you within 24 hours for the available resolution or call 18665306599 they are open 24/7
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:41 PM