cannot connect client to home server 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• what does logitech cam have to do with connect get error cannot start connect due to a pending restart  while connecting client to windows home server 2011  thanks  ron

• Edited by ron scar Friday, November 18, 2011 2:02 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

• If you do a search on this forum it will tell you!

What it does is it leaves a registry entry regarding a pending re-boot, which has to be cleared before the Connector will install  - poor programming from Logitech, but easy to resolve.

To work around the pending reboot issue:
    1. Open Regedit
    2. Find the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager"
    3. Rename the "PendingFileRenameOperations" value to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Friday, November 18, 2011 2:23 PM
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, November 18, 2011 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by ron scar Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 2:23 PM
  • As Phil has said, this has been discussed quite a bit. It's the result of a bug in the Logitech installation sotware; the key he refers to should be cleared or deleted after the successful installation of the Logitech webcam software, but isn't for some reason.

If the only thing mentioned in that key is files related to your successfully installed Logitech web cam, you can safely delete the contents of the value, delete the entire value, or rename the value (which is actually the same thing as deleting it, as far as Windows is concerned). I would personally go with the "rename" option Phil suggests.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by ron scar Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:42 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 3:34 PM

All replies

• If you do a search on this forum it will tell you!

What it does is it leaves a registry entry regarding a pending re-boot, which has to be cleared before the Connector will install  - poor programming from Logitech, but easy to resolve.

To work around the pending reboot issue:
    1. Open Regedit
    2. Find the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager"
    3. Rename the "PendingFileRenameOperations" value to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Friday, November 18, 2011 2:23 PM
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, November 18, 2011 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by ron scar Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 2:23 PM
  • As Phil has said, this has been discussed quite a bit. It's the result of a bug in the Logitech installation sotware; the key he refers to should be cleared or deleted after the successful installation of the Logitech webcam software, but isn't for some reason.

If the only thing mentioned in that key is files related to your successfully installed Logitech web cam, you can safely delete the contents of the value, delete the entire value, or rename the value (which is actually the same thing as deleting it, as far as Windows is concerned). I would personally go with the "rename" option Phil suggests.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by ron scar Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:42 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 3:34 PM
  • If I had a million I would give it to you  THANKS for the help  Ron
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:41 PM