windows 2003 server installed with other other CD and not able to activate RRS feed

• Question

• hi all, I cannot find any windows 2003 subject,guess xp would have similar issue,please help. My customer installed a window 2003 server with genue Cd and found the Cd has problem in the midle of installation,so the CD is returned to MS. MS agree it's CD media problem and agree to replace. While the application deployment couldn't wait ,so the OS installation was continue with another windows 2003 server CD,which they used it before.Then application deployment done and all tech team left. Now the windows 2003 has a problem,it is not able to be activated.Customer called MS.MS said it's activated before so it cannot be activate here (I doubt so though).He said customer need to use the new windows 2003 CD they received to reinstall the OS and to activate. Problem is, if reinstall the OS, the application has to re-deployed, and which is very costly.nobody will bear this cost. So could you advise is there a way to activate the windows 2003 without reinstall OS with the new CD media? Urgent. thanks. Scottxiao AT gmail dot com
    Friday, May 22, 2009 3:05 AM

Answers

• Morning Kongfupanda,

Thank you for visiting our forum today :-). Unfortunately Server 2003 questions do fall outside our support scope for WGA. Please visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb512919.aspx and locate the forums there.  Thank you Kong and have a super weekend :-)

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:51 PM
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:18 PM