Office 2003 reinstallation unable to authorize RRS feed

• Question

• I have reinstalled Office 2003 on a PC at work. I tried to authorize it through the internet which said I have used all the allowed authorizations via internet. So I click back and click in authorize by phone and then the window disappears and nothing happens? So now I have no number to call and I have no way of authorizing the bloddy office reinstallation.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:40 PM

Answers

• Roger,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012    

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”, you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:10 PM
  • I tried all the steps but it brings me back to the same problem. Office cannot be validated because it has not been activated. I ran the diag tools and it passed all the tests but again failed validation. Like I said I cannot authorize it because it doesn't provide me with any numbers to call when I click on authorize by phone. I have the media and the Serials right infront of me but without the number I can't do anything. So if I atleast had the number to authorize via phone that would probably get me going.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Roger,

You can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.

Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Hope this will allow you to activate and get running again. Take care and if you need more assistance please re-post here.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:08 PM
  • Thanks for the help stephen but you're not following me here. I've activated both Office and Windows tons of times. I've called in more times than I would have cared to have called in. I know the usual steps what I'm trying to say here is that when I open word or whatever office program it asks me to authorize via Web or Phone, I can't do it via web because I've exceeded the amount of allowed times. So when I click authorize by phone and click continue or Next the screen disappears and nothing happens? this is the problem I know I'm supposed to fill in the location and then it gives me the number to call and the Code I read to the telephone rep like I said I've done it before. However without the screen to display the number I don't have the number to dial. This is my dilemna, it is a fresh installation, the PC was reinstalled from scratch and it's also a full installation so I don't see the problem. I may just reinstall again but I don't want to waste the time and end up with the same problem.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Roger,

There was another KB article thread included on the original thread which describes the exact problem you are experiencing. It is located here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875452/.  Please reference the following KB article for a telephone number where you may activate your product http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Again let me know if this has taken care of your problem. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:43 PM
  • My face is red now but this should be the number I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help I will update further.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:23 PM
  • Thank you very much the software is now activated, the help was very much appreciated.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:43 PM
  • Roger,

I am glad to offer you assistance getting you working agin . Also check other posting here for resolutions in the future. Myself and others have provided assistance on many topics which may offer assistance. Also you can search KB articles which will offer assistance for different situations. Take care and have a great week!!!

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:03 PM

All replies

• Roger,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012    

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”, you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:10 PM
  • I tried all the steps but it brings me back to the same problem. Office cannot be validated because it has not been activated. I ran the diag tools and it passed all the tests but again failed validation. Like I said I cannot authorize it because it doesn't provide me with any numbers to call when I click on authorize by phone. I have the media and the Serials right infront of me but without the number I can't do anything. So if I atleast had the number to authorize via phone that would probably get me going.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Roger,

You can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.

Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Hope this will allow you to activate and get running again. Take care and if you need more assistance please re-post here.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:08 PM
  • Thanks for the help stephen but you're not following me here. I've activated both Office and Windows tons of times. I've called in more times than I would have cared to have called in. I know the usual steps what I'm trying to say here is that when I open word or whatever office program it asks me to authorize via Web or Phone, I can't do it via web because I've exceeded the amount of allowed times. So when I click authorize by phone and click continue or Next the screen disappears and nothing happens? this is the problem I know I'm supposed to fill in the location and then it gives me the number to call and the Code I read to the telephone rep like I said I've done it before. However without the screen to display the number I don't have the number to dial. This is my dilemna, it is a fresh installation, the PC was reinstalled from scratch and it's also a full installation so I don't see the problem. I may just reinstall again but I don't want to waste the time and end up with the same problem.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Roger,

There was another KB article thread included on the original thread which describes the exact problem you are experiencing. It is located here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875452/.  Please reference the following KB article for a telephone number where you may activate your product http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Again let me know if this has taken care of your problem. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:43 PM
  • My face is red now but this should be the number I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help I will update further.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:23 PM
  • Thank you very much the software is now activated, the help was very much appreciated.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:43 PM
  • Roger,

I am glad to offer you assistance getting you working agin . Also check other posting here for resolutions in the future. Myself and others have provided assistance on many topics which may offer assistance. Also you can search KB articles which will offer assistance for different situations. Take care and have a great week!!!

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:03 PM
  • STEVE:

Perhaps you can help me.  Yesterday I attempted a complete recovery of my computer. By the way, I'm using a HP Media Center M-1082.  I used the recovery disks to complete the action, however, I apparently lost my Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. 

I was plagued by a virus that kept interferring with my use.  I successfully saved my Microsoft Office content (calendar, contacts, documents, etc.) to a external hard drive but now can't locate, access or reinstall the actual Microsoft Office program. 

I get Error 1608 when attempting to reload.  The error states it Setup could not find a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP on my machine.

Can you help me reload my Microsoft Otffice Professional Edition 2003?

Thanks.

LeRoy

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:01 PM
  •  LeRoy Grant wrote:

STEVE:

Perhaps you can help me.  Yesterday I attempted a complete recovery of my computer. By the way, I'm using a HP Media Center M-1082.  I used the recovery disks to complete the action, however, I apparently lost my Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. 

I was plagued by a virus that kept interferring with my use.  I successfully saved my Microsoft Office content (calendar, contacts, documents, etc.) to a external hard drive but now can't locate, access or reinstall the actual Microsoft Office program. 

I get Error 1608 when attempting to reload.  The error states it Setup could not find a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP on my machine.

Can you help me reload my Microsoft Otffice Professional Edition 2003?

Thanks.

LeRoy

How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:36 PM