**Student Rockstar** - Contest for broadband users only............... RRS feed

• Question

•  

All my friends using internet  Dial-up connection from Airtel, TATA, BSNL,.......etc are unable to join the contest and those who joined the contest are using Broadband.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:12 PM

Answers

• It is not possible to signin into the user profile page through any slow internet connection like Dial-up/GPRS of TATA, Reliance, Airtel, BSNL..............etc.

I am experiancing this problem in all the browsers like IE 6.0, IE 7.0, Firefox, Opera, Apple Safari.............etc.

I have also installed a new operating system as I thought my old one has some problem but through new one also it is not possible to signin.

Friday, September 7, 2007 2:08 PM
  • I have a BSNL broadband connection, it is often difficult to log into the site. This happens in Firefox, IE and Opera.
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 3:23 PM

All replies

•  

Ditto
    Friday, September 7, 2007 2:37 AM
  •  

send mail to admin

stdrkstr@microsoft.com

Friday, September 7, 2007 7:45 AM
  • i don think this is true...might b this jus conincidence....internet is universal...doesn't matter u use broadband or dialup...
    Friday, September 7, 2007 10:44 AM
  • No its not like tat actually the connection will be slow....u can access the student rockstar website 4m any dial up connection as well as broad band....

Friday, September 7, 2007 11:41 AM
  • It is not possible to signin into the user profile page through any slow internet connection like Dial-up/GPRS of TATA, Reliance, Airtel, BSNL..............etc.

I am experiancing this problem in all the browsers like IE 6.0, IE 7.0, Firefox, Opera, Apple Safari.............etc.

I have also installed a new operating system as I thought my old one has some problem but through new one also it is not possible to signin.

Friday, September 7, 2007 2:08 PM
  • You can check your browser seeting.I used a BSNL broadband but its work fine.

Friday, September 7, 2007 3:46 PM
  • It is true that the site is heavy and that's why dial up users face problem for the site. The best solution is to first open it in your favorite browser. Don't delete cookies and history so that they can help next time you log on.
    Friday, September 7, 2007 3:51 PM
  • i really don understand wat cud be the problem wid this site and dial-up connections...the prob. that cud occur is late response frm the server...but it shudn't hav any prob in loading...
    Friday, September 7, 2007 4:53 PM
  • actually the backend scripts [asp.net] requires faster responses and requests [ otherwise the sessions will be expired ]  for actions and events ...since the pages are displayed using .net framework at the serverside

Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:32 AM
  • In that case, these pages should get failed on 64Kbps connections, but they are not failing.

Me and my friend have 64Kbps Airtel lines at our place. But these sites work perfectly.

As far as dial-up connections are concerned, in Ahmedabad, speeds are good. So no problems from here.
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 1:03 PM
  • I have a BSNL broadband connection, it is often difficult to log into the site. This happens in Firefox, IE and Opera.
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 3:23 PM
  • ya its right ...i think that in airtel the maximum speed is upto 1mbps or 2mbps for a city ..so according to the net traffic the speed will vary ...although your connection is 64kbps the no.of users in your city may be less so the connection speed will be little bit high ....

Saturday, September 8, 2007 5:59 PM
  • its not that i can get more speed. the speed gets controlled by ISP. so i can't get speed more than 64K in any case.
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:02 PM
  • Brother you are getting speed upto 64K its really good, My home is in Jharkhand and I study in West Bengal, I have two airtel connection one for my home and one for kolkata, speed is 115K(what they say) but if we talk about practical speed then it is 12K only (both in Jharkhand as well as Kolkata).

Monday, September 10, 2007 1:00 AM
  •  

Still the contest is for broadband user only.... I was hoping that this problem will be going to be solved... but no!!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:47 AM
  • Guys posting it as a prob. try diff browsers...bcoz i face prob accessing the SRS site wid firefox

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:00 PM
  • A bad dream of continuous loop...

Still the contest is for broadband user only.... I was hoping that this problem will be going to be solved... but no!!!!

Friday, September 14, 2007 4:24 AM
  • I am facing problem in signing in to the studentrockstar and S2B through Dial-up and even when Broadband speed is slow from the beginning of the contest................I think signing in through Dial-up connection is impossible in studentrockstar and S2B......... so I request admin to solve this permanent problem immediately
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:03 AM
  • ya reduce size of pages so that dailup users can also take part
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:48 PM
  • up ders a continuous loop while signing in...but i don think that it wud cause any prob in signing in...may b it cud take some time to load the page...
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:30 PM
  • i think a seperate version of SRS can be started only for the dial up users..with lesser content and all those stuff...
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 4:14 PM
  • LIke Microsoft has two versions of Hotmail one fully loaded version and one classic version which can support the needs of both broadband and the dial up users
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Facing problem in signing in to the studentrockstar and S2B through Dial-up and even when Broadband speed is slow from the beginning of the contest................I think signing in through Dial-up connection is impossible in studentrockstar and S2B......... so I request admin to solve this permanent problem immediately.................. This is not the fair contest ............ All the participants of this contest are Broadband users.................. Also the number of Dial-up / GPRS / CDMA users are far more than Broadband users in India................. In many states of India there is single or no Broadband providers..............please admin do something about this problem......................

Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:05 AM
  • there are other threads on the forum for the same problem as well.

we all are losing our valuable points for no fault of ours

Sunday, October 14, 2007 9:44 AM
  • in the begining i too struggled of the same prob but now everything works fine in my case...
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:02 PM
  • Signing in to the Rockstar and S2B is still not possible from Dial-up myfriend Jayakumar I know you have a Broadband connection......................... as all participants of this contest are Broadband users............... admin please solve this problem.......... 

Sunday, October 14, 2007 2:06 PM
  • Yes varub you are right, most of the users of this contest are broad band users....

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:34 AM
  • ya i too accept the fact that most users of this contest r broadband users...but i havent tried accessing SRS from a dial up connection...so i couldnt comment on it....
    Monday, October 15, 2007 1:18 PM
  • in the begining i  thought that its possible for all to use that...me being a broadband user itselt i feel that the forums and webcast is a bit slow for me...surely it will be damn slow for dial up users...ultimately they cant even sign in...
    Monday, October 15, 2007 2:32 PM
  • Yes as you r also a broadband user,

See we have BSNL broad-band available in my town but after submitting application you have to wait 6month to process your request and speed is not enough good at the day time, I have a sify broadband cafe few kilometers away from my home I go there to acess this SRS site, I also contact sify to give me broadband connection but they said "we will able to give you after 2months" because sify is not available at dhanbad for users, cyber cafe use their own towers to acess internet.

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:57 PM

• sometimes me too.........
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:57 AM
  • The problem Still exists...........................

Friday, October 19, 2007 2:21 PM
  • Ditto.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:02 AM
  • i think bsnl has expanded its services,so when u request for a connection it shld come in 2weeks...so all can switch on to those plans....
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:10 PM
  • Thanks

But here no solution to this problem...........  there are lot of people demanding broadband internet....  even my school principal given its application 6months ago and he got his internet yesterday.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:04 AM
  •  

Yes still there is no sol to this problem............    still the problem exist.
    Friday, October 26, 2007 12:24 AM
  • r the dial-up users able to access the site now...bcoz some maintanence activity has taken place yesterday...
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:05 AM
  • Still the problem exist.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:36 AM
  • No it's definitely not true. I am also using dial-up connection only. No matter whether you use dial-up connection or broadband.You just try clicking the URL below and Sign in:

http://forums.microsoft.com/SamVaad/ShowForum.aspx?   ForumID=1291&SiteID=43

Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:02 AM
  •  

My friend there is no problem to signing-in  in samvaad forum through Dial-up that's why we are present all the time here, the main problem is with the Rockstar site and S2B ( not possible to sign-in and access User profile page in both)...........

Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:33 AM

• Ya this may a great issue for the persons using dialup connection
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:09 PM
  • for the past two days, SRS is slow even in broad-band...
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:40 PM
  • Now finally I got the broadband...
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:52 PM

• Now SRS cant be used by Broadband users also !!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, February 2, 2008 3:05 PM
  • I am full supporter of ur view....
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:54 AM
  • ya srs is only 4 broadband user not 4 dial up...
    Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:43 AM
  •  

Even for d Broadband users also it didnt support 4 opening the site... recently cleared that problems...
    Friday, February 22, 2008 4:02 AM
  • No dailup user are able to log in to this site even now....  what Admin is doing GOD knows....

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:05 AM
  • ya i too had some problems accessing this site in my boradband connection....

so i think the interenet conn type does not matter but its a prob with the site itself

Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:31 PM