Think time management for your customers...dont make them waste time.... RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do I exclude unnecessary file formats like .dll, .exe. .ttf, .mui, .cur, .etc which can be easily replaced with reinstallations of programs in reformated or new hard disks. I am not fussy with some unnecessary files that got backed up anyway, because I know I cant microchoose every file in my giga harddisk. I tried to exclude files by typing " *.dll , *.exe, *.ttf, etc " but couldnt with your Windows LIve One Care software. It looks like I have to choose every one of them and go back and forth thousands of times if not millions of times to get my backup done as I like it to be done. Have you ever heard of time management if not anger management??  I dont bother to choose folders or files to backup, I just back up the whole C: drive and am trying to exclude general file formats above and be done with it in less than 5 minutes so I can go on with my life. Do you understand what I am saying??
    Saturday, December 1, 2007 8:23 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not back up the entire drive. it backs up files by type.. It will not back up exe and dll files, among others. In OneCare, when performing a backup, the types are listed. If you go to OneCare help, you can find the list of files types excluded automatically as well as the types that are included.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 3:03 AM