How to force hiragana input in the IME RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I have IME 10.1.7600.0 installed.

I would like to set the IME default input mode to Hiragana. The default input mode is Half-width Alphanumeric. 

I can switch between Hiragana and Half-width Alphanumeric using ATL and ~.

In the Language bar Properties I have

ticked the Properties > Editing tab > Don't use direct input mode box

In the General tab I have

Input method:   Romaji input

Default input mode:   Hiragana

In The Region and Language I have

Added the Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard and set the default input language to "Japanese (Japan) - Microsoft IME"

I have posted to this forum. If you think I should have posted to a different forum please let me know.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:39 AM

Answers

• As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issuesyou should better ask Windows 7 forum  for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:15 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:42 AM

All replies

• As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issuesyou should better ask Windows 7 forum  for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:15 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Thanks for your help.
    zugspitze
    Monday, March 14, 2011 7:36 AM