Closed Activity Subgrid not shoiwng emails RRS feed

• Question

• So recently we decided to replace the Social Pane on the Account and Opportunity forms with a Closed Activity Subgrid.  Everyone was happy until it was discovered that emails were not showing up in the view.  Does anyone know any trickery to get the Subgrid to display all closed activities including emails?

Thanks,

Kory

Kory Bixler

Friday, May 1, 2015 2:00 PM

All replies

• When you added the sub-grid, did you check the 'Default view' that is in use? 

Go to Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the system.  Select the Account (or opportunity) entity, and then open the form.  Go to the sub grid and double click to get to the Properties.  You should see the Data Source and Additional Options sections where you set what view shows up.  Either change that to a view that shows emails, or go back and edit the Activity view itself to check for any filters.

Hope this helps, if so please mark as Answered.  Thanks!

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:56 PM
  • Thanks for your response. I've tried that but the Closed Activity View still isn't showing emails.

The filter on the View is set to "Regular Activity"=Yes and Activity Status = Completed or Canceled

I would expect this to be correct if I am using the view in a subgrid on the Account even if the email might be regarding a contact or opportunity since it should all roll back up to the account entity but it's just not showing emails unless I put the Social Pane back in.

Thanks,

Kory

Kory Bixler

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:11 PM
  • So you are expecting it to show emails from regarding records other than the account, but related to the account?  I don't think it will do that out of the box, or at all...at least that I am aware of.

Did you remove the social pane already?  I know I have seen the option on the Social Pane where you can tell it to default to Activities instead of Notes or posts.  Maybe that's an option?  

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:16 PM
  • I thought it would be possible since if on the subgrid I select the Icon to open the view “See The Records
    Associated With This View” then the emails show up but just not in the Subgrid.  I was really wanting to move away from the Social Pane since it's causing lots of confusion and we can only add a "Closed Phone Call" or "Appointment" from the "..." rather than a subgrid which allows users to add any type of activity and the field mappings work perfectly.

Thanks,

Kory Bixler

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:30 PM
  • True...that lack of an 'add phone call' and 'add appt' is a problem.

Have you considered using a ribbon editor to add/move a button to the forms where you need those 'add xxxx' buttons?  I have used Ribbon Workbench to do this, and it was very well received by the users.

http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/80806-download-ribbon-workbench-for-crm-2011-2013-2015 

I know this doesn't solve your original question, but it's something to consider.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:35 PM