none
Forum not showing all responses on posts RRS feed

• Question

• Starting about middle of last week I'm getting emails for responses to posts. I go to the post and the responses are missing. It is hit or miss as to whether the response is there. Note that it is showing some responses (and they are consistent) but recent responses aren't showing up. It's like there is a caching issue.

Example 1 - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/049a1e21-fddf-4456-b4a8-09fd872ed183/is-there-a-way-to-change-the-array-numbers-to-anything-else-then-int32?forum=csharpgeneral

The OP responded with this:

[...]

lets say i want to make a byte array that has byte amount of things inside what collection should i use for that? ("collection?"<byte, byte>)

I think that you can use this array:

byte[] myArray = new byte[256];

For indexing you can use byte or int (between 0 and 255). The type of index does not influence the allocated space of this array.

When i hover my mouse over [256] it says its still int32. Thats what im trying to change to byte. Please pardon me if i understand this wrong but, will that array being int32 instead of byte will change even a few bytes of memory or not?

I got the email 14 Jan 2019, 0953 CST. But when I went to the forums it wasn't showing up. I went ahead and responded to that thread anyway and suddenly the response (from the email) shows up. Note that the browser is closed each time. Also note that I Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh when it didn't show up the first time. 

This has happened on other threads as well.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Monday, January 14, 2019 4:45 PM

Answers

• Contact the forum admins by emailing to fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com. They can investigate. Include a few links to affected threads.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:18 PM

All replies

• This used to happen (and maybe still does) when someone used the NNTP bridge to reply. I remember replies showed up when replied. I would email the forum admins at fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com with details.

Edit: I would add that the value 256 is indeed an int32, but myArray is clearly declared as a byte array. The 256 is just the size of the array.

Monday, January 14, 2019 6:26 PM
  • well said
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:00 AM
  • It is not you. It is users who are using the bridge. Their replies often are not shown in forums right away.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:07 PM
  • Naomi is correct. The issue is when someone using the bridge replies in a thread, everyone else sees the correct number of replies, but when they open the thread the reply from the bridge user does not show. But if you reply, or any user not using the bridge, the missing reply shows up.

Edit: It might help to email fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com. They should be made aware that the problem still exists.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:18 PM
  • I'm sorry but I disagree with this. Just because a problem existed in the past doesn't mean it is the problem now. I'm seeing multiple users both old and new with threads having this issue. I cannot possibly imagine that they are using the NNTP bridge, especially first time posters.

I would like for the forums team to weigh in and confirm whether there is a potential issue in the forums. Multiple people are reporting this issue and short of asking the OP's across all the impacted threads if they are using the bridge then there is no way to confirm this.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Contact the forum admins by emailing to fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com. They can investigate. Include a few links to affected threads.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:18 PM
  • Interestingly, I just came across that same problem in this thread

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18767cf2-069b-41f1-ad05-0dfd7b6c1e20/combobox-values-from-database?forum=visualfoxprogeneral#cf56bdff-c01f-4ea2-98e3-0999f34b8366

In the forum's view it says that last reply is from Cetin, but I looked and I only see recent replies from Olaf.

UPDATE. I checked this thread now and I'm seeing the response. It was not there last time I looked.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:44 AM