none
Windows 7 is only reading 3.00GB of 4.00GB of ram as usable RRS feed

• Question

• I have no idea why this is happening but for some reason windows 7 is saying only 3.00GB(usable) 4.00GB RAM. I don't get why this is happening and switching out the ram cards as in back and forth doesn't fix it.

I am using Windows 7 rtm x64 that i got from the msdnaa.
    I like cheese. Do you? you better.
    • Moved by Kevin Woley Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:13 PM to find the right forum (From:Windows Events)
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Normal, this is a processor limit, and not an OS limit.

32 bits processor can't adress more than 4 giga. 
           The rest of  memory is used by your Bios.

Here a very nice link:
           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit

So long. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

A plus..... Cordialement. Hummmm... Seven .. un goût, un parfum, un ..OS venu d'ailleurs ..... Seven !
    Friday, September 4, 2009 8:20 PM

All replies

•  

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Windows Events (ETW and the Windows Event Log) and related technologies. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to the correct forum to get your question answered.

Thank you,

Kevin

Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:12 PM
  • Hello,

Normal, this is a processor limit, and not an OS limit.

32 bits processor can't adress more than 4 giga. 
           The rest of  memory is used by your Bios.

Here a very nice link:
           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit

So long. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

A plus..... Cordialement. Hummmm... Seven .. un goût, un parfum, un ..OS venu d'ailleurs ..... Seven !
    Friday, September 4, 2009 8:20 PM