none
Windows 10 Start Menu not showing uninstall.exe shortcuts

Question

• I have an application that installs a link to uninstall.exe in the Start Menu that worked fine pre Windows 10. In Windows 10 the shortcut link does not show up while checking the folder shows it is there. I've tried uninstalling a reinstalling with reboots a few times to see if I could repeat it which I could. Creating a copy of uninstall.exe as uninstaller.exe and creating a short cut to that and placing it in the Start Menu\Programs\app folder resulted in the new link appearing indicating Windows 10 is not listing uninstall.exe. Changing the link name didn't make a difference.

However, after further playing around Windows 10 now recognizes the original uninstall.exe link so I have seem have have done something where Windows now appears to always recognise that link. However, this code needs to be installed in multiple places around the world so this isn't a solution.

So before I scrub my Windows 10 install and start again, is there any special behavior around uninstall.exe and Window 10 Start Menu or it is a bug ?

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:04 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:03 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:04 PM