What is the Best Approach to Integrate Dynamics CRM 2011 with company website run by SQL server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, 

i have been researching on integrating Dynamics CRM 2011 with a website run by SQL server 2008 and i am surprised i could not find any straight forward solution or reply.

it would be really great if i get suggestion about Integrating On-Primes CRM 2011 with my company website which is hosted externally.. 

Really Appriciated

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hello, "integrating a website" could mean lots of different things: content management, ecommerce, web leads, customer support portal, etc. All of these things are possible, so it just depends on your requirements.

ADX Studio built the Customer Portal for CRM 2011 on behalf of Microsoft. This is a framework for integrating your website with Dynamics CRM 2011, available at no cost. http://dynamics.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/Customer-Portal-for-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-12884910826.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:34 PM
  • If you want to share data between Dynamics CRM and your Website's SQL database, Starfish ETL is a great tool for setting up ongoing data integrations with CRM.
    Friday, February 10, 2012 3:18 PM
  • Hey Neil, 

Thanks for your suggestion.. let me tell what exactly we are looking for:

we need to integrate around 5 to 6 entities from CRM to our website database... My strategy for this solution is as follow:

1. CRM run on LAN
    2. we have seprate database for website
    3. we are not going to call CRM web services directly because of the internet connection reliability. e.g. if you loose our internet connection our website would go down in this case.
    4. we are thinking to sysnchronized both CRM and Website Database as soon as data change at any side crm or web..
    5. i am thinking to use SSIS to integrate.

from the above listed suggestion.. if you think there is a better strategy you think.. it would be relly appriated..

I am in planning stage at the moment... Please advice me....

with this custom portal we need to use windows azure which is paid service.. plss help

Thanks

• Edited by M Moiez Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:59 PM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Hi,

For the SSIS integration side, I would recommend to check COZYROC SSIS+ library. It is an extension library for SSIS and it does include Dynamics CRM adapters. All three deployment types are supported: Premise, Hosted and Live. The library is designed to be used by non-programmers and it is very affordable.

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:24 AM