1. Set up a job on SyncToy

SyncToy verion: 2.0.100.0

Name of job: "Backup"

Copy Option: "Echo"

Check File Contents option - enabled

Active run for all - - enabled

save overwritten in files in recycle bin -- enabled

Backup size 100GB

2. I click the "Preview", it displays the Error messages after 15 minites.

"Exception: Hashing has been misconfigured"

How shoud I fix?

Is that bug?

Thanks in advance

Yoshi

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:22 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem with SyncToy 2.1 on my 64-bit machine.  i've tried it with the x86 and the 64bit version of SyncToy.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:37 PM
  • Hi -

Can you delete the folder pair and recreate it? Does the problem still exist?

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:46 PM
  • I had the same problem, it said the hashing thingy was misconfigured.  If so, how do you Configure it properly?  You know, when I'm creating a torrent file based on some file, or folder of files, I want to send somewhere, hashing goes relatively fast, and definitely easy.  I've never seen ANY other program tell me hashing something or other was misconfigured.  That's stupid.  Either you KNOW how to hash a file, or you don't.  Get it coded right, and it will work fine.  I can't think of why it wouldn't.  Unless during the process of Reading a file there is a read error, because the file is damaged, or there are bad sectors because the hard drive is going bad.  If you can Read the contents of a file, you should be able to Hash it just fine.  Sheesh.

So, I deleted the folder pair, and created a new one, now I am running a preview to see if it does that stupid hash error again.  If so, I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:23 PM