Conneot Connect to server Error Code 00000000,0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to remote desktop to my Windows Server 2008 machine at home from my laptop at work. I can do this correctly from home.

When I try from work I get the error:

"Cannot connect to "Server Name" To try connecting again click retry Error code 00000000,0"

There are supposed to be no port requirements for mesh according to other posts and I can connect to the machine to sync folders.

At work we go through a proxy but I can bypass it. When I do though I get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:38 PM

Answers

• Can you please send me your log files at LMPREV@Microsoft.com and reference this post? 

Start Menu:   Click 'Start' and then 'All Programs' so that you are looking at the program folder for Live Mesh.  Now in the program folder for Live Mesh you will see the option for 'Collect Live Mesh Logs'.

·         A cab file will be generated and placed on your Desktop.

Thanks!

Tim

Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:41 PM

All replies

• Can you please send me your log files at LMPREV@Microsoft.com and reference this post? 

Start Menu:   Click 'Start' and then 'All Programs' so that you are looking at the program folder for Live Mesh.  Now in the program folder for Live Mesh you will see the option for 'Collect Live Mesh Logs'.

·         A cab file will be generated and placed on your Desktop.

Thanks!

Tim

Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:41 PM
  • Hi,

I'm getting the same error.

Sending you the logs now.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:04 PM
  • I'm also getting the same error. I'll pass the logs on as well

Mat

Just realised how old this post is... I'd only looked at the post from ErlendSB. It might be more of a service issue rather than a bug (hoping it gets resolved soonish :))
    Friday, April 3, 2009 2:24 PM
  • It does seem that it might have been a service issue since you both seem to have hit it at around the same time. Filing a bug is a good thing, though, in case it wasn't/isn't.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 3, 2009 4:35 PM
  • I am having the same issue. Thus far, I have seen no fixes that work.  I submitted a bug report as well.  Is this error 00000000,0 due to the new release.  If so does this mean that Mesh is no longer available to XP users?
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:38 PM
  • I am having the same issue. Thus far, I have seen no fixes that work.  I submitted a bug report as well.  Is this error 00000000,0 due to the new release.  If so does this mean that Mesh is no longer available to XP users?

The *new* Live Sync is not available to XP. However, that should not affect current users of Live Mesh on XP or any supported OS. However, this is a generic error that usually signifies a back end server problem for your account.

It happens randomly for some people and all the time for others.

And, unfortunately, I doubt that it will be addressed as the problem really ramped up as the back end went through changes in prep for Wave 4 which has not yet been released to beta.

-steve 

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, June 28, 2010 2:47 PM
  • I'm now getting this too. I can connect to one of my PCs (Windows 7) at home but not to another (Vista). Is there something I should check -- like an automatic update that may have got installed?

--Jeff

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:44 PM
  • I'm now getting this too. I can connect to one of my PCs (Windows 7) at home but not to another (Vista). Is there something I should check -- like an automatic update that may have got installed?

--Jeff

Unfortunately, the error is server side.
    It happens randomly for some people and all the time for others.
    And, unfortunately, I doubt that it will be addressed as the problem really ramped up as the back end went through changes in prep for Wave 4 which has recently been released to beta.
    When Wave 4 of Windows Live Final is released, the existing Live Mesh infrastructure will likely be retired sometime thereafter, though nothing has been announced yet, nor do we know when Wave 4 will be released.
    See: 
    http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/10/coming-soon-windows-live-sync-beta.aspx
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:50 PM