Vista Activation Problem 0x80080250 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I thought this post should be in a new thread because of it's importance.
    I bought a dell laptop with MS Vista genuine home premium one month ago. It worked well and since friday it says that "This copy of Microsoft windows is not genuine" on startup. I didn't perform any update , ActiveX download and etc during this one month. By entering the product key (labeled at the buttom of laptop) nothing changes. Now I have No desktop, No start menu, Not anything(Except for a browser to purchase a new key!!! with REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY).
    I followed the instructions to activate online (with "Validate windows" in http://www.microsoft.com/genuine) ,but I just recive an error code 0x80080250 (Windows validation error)

What's going on?
    Why Microsoft doesn't solve this problem?
    Who is resposible for losing time and money because of this?

The "Validation info" is as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0xc004f012
    Cached / Grace status: (N/A, hr = 0x80004005) / (N/A, hr = 0x80004005)
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-
    *****-9423V-G4VT7
    Windows Product Key Hash: G+gX2/R7qVewcpecJ+lxOh7nKO4=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7217047-79497
    Windows Product ID Type: 8
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: COA SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000
    ID: {05BCF298-C5AC-4A87-BCBB-F458338DA29E}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: (N/A, hr = 0x80004005) / 0x0 / (N/A, hr = 0x80004005)
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Sunday, September 2, 2007 1:57 PM

Answers

•  

Jack:

The button "Validate online" means you only performed validation and not activation. Our databases show that you haven't ACTIVATED your PC yet.

During your login, when you're prompted that your machine is in reduced functionality, I would suggest clicking the dialogue box to "Activate Windows Online Now" and enter the product key on the bottom fo your PC.

Also, could you please provide the ENTIRE diagnostics data so we can better troubleshoot as to what is going on exactly?

THanks

-phil

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:01 PM

All replies

•  

Jack:

The button "Validate online" means you only performed validation and not activation. Our databases show that you haven't ACTIVATED your PC yet.

During your login, when you're prompted that your machine is in reduced functionality, I would suggest clicking the dialogue box to "Activate Windows Online Now" and enter the product key on the bottom fo your PC.

Also, could you please provide the ENTIRE diagnostics data so we can better troubleshoot as to what is going on exactly?

THanks

-phil

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:01 PM
  • hi my windows is genuine but i cant activate my windows becuese my protuct key is incorect please held me !!!!!!!

Thursday, November 8, 2007 9:25 AM
  • Re: Vista Activation Problem 0x80080250

what shall i do.

Friday, February 1, 2008 6:15 PM
  •  

This copy of windows is not genuine

I am having the same problem 0x8008250,.. validation problems! This copy of windows is not genuine, I have tried updating my product key? Now I am told I need to do a Parallel Install, a new installation for Windows Vista, which is similar to a Clean Install, but does not affect my settings or information.

unfortunately these pre - installed computers do not come with the actual Operating system software to do this, I keep getting the run around from one computer tech to another. I feel like none of them actually knows anything about their products?

Both my original factory software key, and the product key for validating the software are genuine according to the Microsoft. But it will not validate, I have tried on line, and over the phone! I have down loaded the MGADiag…, I receive Invalid License. And I keep getting this pop up every time I start the computer he Windows Aero is not working this copy is not genuine, and the same error sits in the bottom right hand corner to remind me?

My case is ID # SRX 1056859559, or # 1057508724 and I have been taking screen shots of the problems and emailing them to the experts and Microsoft Vista technical support, now I am getting close to my 30 days of running on none authentic soft ware.

If this operating system starts working in a limited capacity I think I might do something rash,

the tech support at Microsoft wants to place blame on the Manufacturer and the Manufacturer said the is a software problem, I would like to know how many people have had this same issue with a brand new computer with Vista home premium? Also can any one give my any real helpful information as to what to do and how to fix?

I am really not sure what to believe? or what needs to be done? If you at Microsoft read this please look up my case # and get in touch with me. case is ID # SRX 1056859559, or # 1057508724

Friday, February 1, 2008 9:44 PM
  • need help!

This copy of windows is not genuine

I am having the same problem 0x8008250,.. validation problems! This copy of windows is not genuine,

I have tried updating my product key?

Now I am told I need to do a Parallel Install, a new installation for Windows Vista, which is similar to a Clean Install, but does not affect my settings or information.

unfortunately these pre - installed computers do not come with the actual Operating system software

I keep getting the run around from one computer tech to another.

I feel like none of them actually knows anything about their products?

Both my original factory software key, and the product key for validating the software are genuine according to the Microsoft. But it will not validate, I have tried on line, and over the phone!

I have down loaded the MGADiag…, I receive Invalid License. And I keep getting this pop up every time I start the computer he Windows Aero is not working this copy is not genuine, and the same error sits in the bottom right hand corner to remind me?

My case is ID # SRX 1056859559, or # 1057508724 and I have been taking screen shots of the problems and emailing them to the experts and Microsoft Vista technical support

Ifs this operating system starts working in a limited capacity

is this tech support at Microsoft or the Manufacturer  at fault? The Manufacturer said that itis a software problem. How many people have had this same issue with a brand new computer with Vista home premium? Also can any one give my any real helpful information as to what to do and how to fix?

get in touch with me. case is ID # SRX 1056859559, or # 1057508724

Friday, February 1, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Angel,

Instead of posting in other people's thread (that have already been markes as Answered), I suggest creating your own thread for your own issue, The thread would be marked as Unanswered so would attract much more attention and assistance as well as the fact that troubleshooting one person's issue, per thread. is much less confusing.

In your new thread, post your Diagnostic Report and a detailed description of your issue.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Support

Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:46 AM