Customer Portal ContentUtility.cs does not handle daylight savings time, calculates event times incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• the ContentUtility.cs routine is used by the event part of the customer portal. Now that we are on daylight savins time, it is calculating times incorrectly by an hour. Is there a fix for this?
    Stephen V Noe, CRM MCT
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hello Stephen,

I have reviewed the code and it looks OK by inspection.  I will need more information from you to troubleshoot further.  What is the date/time you have entered in the event, what is the timezone that you have specified in the event, and what is your current user's default timezone?

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Stephen,

I have reviewed the code and it looks OK by inspection.  I will need more information from you to troubleshoot further.  What is the date/time you have entered in the event, what is the timezone that you have specified in the event, and what is your current user's default timezone?

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:24 PM
  • Hi,

Issue 1.

A Case created within CRM doesn't seem to appear within the Customer Portal unless i refresh the Cache via the javascript url.

Issue 2.

The Created Date within CRM shows as X (09:45) the Created Date within the Customer Portal displays as X minus 8 hours (1:45).

Issue/ Functionality 3.

I have been able to change the view of "Support Cases", is it possible to change the fields available within the "Edit Case" view.

Currently the Edit Case view displays

Case Title, Case Number, Status/ Type, Add New Note, Add New Attachment

I would like to display the "Reported Issue"

Regards

Ian

ian
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:00 AM
  • We are also seeing issues with the times for events in the customer portal.  The CRM server is located in the central time zone.  We have another office in the Eastern time zone.  When a user in the Eastern time zone creates a new event and selects "Eastern Time", the event time shows "Eastern time" correctly, but the time shown is minus one hour.  Thoughts?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Shan, we are encountering the same issue.  If we create an event today, 5/31/2012 with an event date of today as well and an event time of 5:30pm - 6:30pm the date on the portal will be off by 1 hour and will show 6:30pm - 7:30pm.  Once we exit from daylight savings time this problem is fixed until we enter dst again.  If we modify the portal code and add an offset for DaylightBias the reverse is true.  Anything entered during DST is fine but outside of DST will be off by 1 hour again. 

Our other concern is the case when we span the DST line and create an event on one side and the occurance of it is on the other.

Basically if we enter 5:30pm for a start time no matter when we view it we always want to see 5:30pm.

Our temporary work around for this will be to add a hidden field on our form that is populated with the exact time that the user sets and updated whenever it is changed so that way we are not reliant on the UTC time but only care about whatever the user entered.  So if they enter  5:30pm that is the text we will save into the hidden field and then display on the portal. 

If you have any insight into how we can get the portal fixed it would be a huge help.  Thanks 

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:00 PM