How i edit coauthor to my paper RRS feed

• Question

• How i edit paper with coauthor not present in microsoft academic research list
    Friday, October 8, 2010 11:12 AM

Answers

• hi, we currently don't support this case,  however, you can send us  the homepage of that new author, we will run it thru our process, so that the new author will appear later.

• Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:29 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:01 AM

All replies

• hi, we currently don't support this case,  however, you can send us  the homepage of that new author, we will run it thru our process, so that the new author will appear later.

• Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:29 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:01 AM

This is a severe limitation. Some co-authors simply don't have web pages (e.g. graduated students) or their whereabouts are not known. I have a case of a book published back in 2003 where the first author of is not found in MS Academic Research and I don't know what and where they are. Searching the name on the web isn't helpful as there are plethora of people with such a name all over the place.

Do you expect this issue to be fixed soon?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:48 PM
  • hi Mokhov,

You raised a good point.  some of our features assumes all authors should be easily identified in our system, this is not always the case.  We're working on related improvements,  hopefully it will be much easier for you.  in the mean time, could you tell us the link to the publication so that we can look into it?

thanks.

Friday, October 22, 2010 1:51 PM
  • hi Mokhov,

You raised a good point.  some of our features assumes all authors should be easily identified in our system, this is not always the case.  We're working on related improvements,  hopefully it will be much easier for you.

Thanks for the reply. There are other related issues I noticed when I uploaded a BibTex -- not only the authors who were not in the database were stripped, but also even existing authors in Search that already had profiles were not added. I re-added some of those manually, but could not add others because they were wrong people with the same name. I suppose the latter issue you are handling elsewhere about splitting profiles or people having the same name.
    in the mean time, could you tell us the link to the publication so that we can look into it?

thanks.

The item in question is:

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Paper/13934159.aspx

The first author should be "Thao Vo", but is presently missing. I have a bunch of other examples.

This was the original bibtex entry:

@book
    {
        sqlplus-pedagogique-03,
        author    = {Thao Vo and Armand St-Pierre and Serguei A. Mokhov},
        title     = {SQL*Plus Sous Oracle: Notions et Applications de Base: Une Approche P\'{e}dagogique},
        edition   = 2,
        publisher = {\'{E}ditions Marie-France Limit\'{e}e},
        year      = 2003,
        note      = {{ISBN 2891686209}, in French}
    }

One of the official indexed links is here:

http://amicus.collectionscanada.gc.ca/ourl/c.php?id=31165236&l=eng&s=amicus

Thanks.

-s

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:54 PM
  • hi, Mokov,

thank you for providing the test case,  our devs will look into it.  we will get back to you soon.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:52 AM