Remove PC from console RRS feed

• Question

• Well, not a big issue but it's getting on my nerves :)

When I set up WHS there was a computer called "Bouncy-MC", which was an XP MediaCenter. This was correctly shown in the WHS console. Then I formated this PC and set up Vista on it, enjoying its new and improved MediaCenter. The PC got the same name and I installed the WHS client. Now what I see in the console is that there are two Bouncy-MC, one greyed out with XP and one that works and shows Vista. But how do I delete the obsolete entry?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:21 PM

Answers

• Try some of these.. I did a search on the forum... 

Click Here

Click Here

Hope this helps...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:01 PM
  • 1ne has posted great links!  I'd like to add that you can have your Windows Home Server boot off your Windows Home Server DVD and select upgrade from the install.  This will clear the backups, users and computers out of the console.  In the later release, this issue will be fixed with a "remove computer" option so you can just select the computer and click remove.

Keep in mind, you will LOSE all backups after this.  Your data (Shared Folders) will remain.  Always backup your Windows Home Server before completing this process.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:09 PM

All replies

• Try some of these.. I did a search on the forum... 

Click Here

Click Here

Hope this helps...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:01 PM
  • 1ne has posted great links!  I'd like to add that you can have your Windows Home Server boot off your Windows Home Server DVD and select upgrade from the install.  This will clear the backups, users and computers out of the console.  In the later release, this issue will be fixed with a "remove computer" option so you can just select the computer and click remove.

Keep in mind, you will LOSE all backups after this.  Your data (Shared Folders) will remain.  Always backup your Windows Home Server before completing this process.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:09 PM
  • So, how do I NOT lose my backups!!!  I seem  to always update my OS a lot.  But, with my existing systems, I have a seperate disc that has no OS on it. So, how do I setup WHS

so the backups are on seperates discs and not impacted if I need to update the OS disc?

Dave

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 4:10 PM