Timestamps in pictures RRS feed

• Question

• I've come across an issue with Blink picture importing. I archive my all my digital photos on a Mac, and upon import the file timestamps for some reason with the OS X Windows Phone connector app get reset to the import date. The saved Blink images seem to have just a GUID in the filename, thus making it difficult to determine the date when a photo was taken. Thus, it would be great if the resultant saved images could have the date as part of the filename, like in the native camera app.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Thanks for your feedback. We will definitely look into this and metadata addition in general for future updates.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Adding the time/date taken would be extremely helpful.

I just returned from a trip to Africa where I took a ton of pictures with my HTC 8x.  I used Blink a lot when taking picutres from a moving vehicle and it made getting a decent shot a lot easier!  I also used Photosynth a lot as well.  But when I get home and start trying to go through hundreds of pictures, they are completely out of order and there is nothing I can sort them by to get them in order.  Normally date taken would be ideal, but this is not available for Blink or Photosynth photos.  Also both use completely assinine file naming conventions that do not help at all, or even make sense.  It would be wise to use the same file naming in Blink as is used in the normal camera app, but adding an extra segment to the name with the Blink image number, i.e. WP_20130522_009_13.jpg.  If it's absolutely necessary (which I don't see why it would be), "Blink" could be added to the end of the filename instead of the beginning so that it would not affect sorting.  There seems to me to be no reason why Photosynth couldn't use the exact same naming/numbering scheme as the normal camera app since it only produces one image anyway.

Another suggestion, there should be at least an option to automatically return to capture mode without having to hit save/cancel before taking another Blink photo.  This was very cumbersome when trying to get the best shot and caused me to miss several shots, it almost negated the purpose for using the app.

Monday, June 10, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback. We are working with Windows Phone to see how we can provider richer metadata support for images in general. We will also look into incorporating your suggestions in future releases.

As for quick return from capture, you can always press the "back button" on your windows phone after every capture if you do not want to make a decision to save or delete right after capture. The back button will save the entire blink sessions within the app and you can get to it at a later time by swiping from left and getting to the in-app history. In there you have the option to go and re-edit the BLINKs.

Friday, June 21, 2013 8:36 PM