none
Can't edit profile... can't edit publications... can't do a damn thing!

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your information. You could find the "edit" button on the up right corner of your profile page and then you can edit your basic information and publications after logging in. If you still couldn't edit your page, please offer us your homepage, publication list or bibtex and we will help you do that. We appreciate your continuous support and feedback.

Best,

Academic Search Feedback Team

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:39 AM
  • Thanx for responding... I thought it might be evident that I've been clicking the "edit" button in the upper right corner of my profile page but I keep getting kicked back to the "Sign In with Live ID" web page with these additional icons: 1) Edit Author, 2) Edit Publication, 3) Add PDF, 4) Edit CFP, etc.

For whatever reason, I am stuck in this "circular" login mode! I've cleared the academic.research.microsoft.com cookies (then cleared the browser history) but apparently to no avail. What would be preventing me from being able to login successfully?

UPDATE: I created another Live ID... tried logging in with that one... same result as above. It's like the Live ID is not communicating with journalogy.com (academic.research.microsoft.com).

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Thanks for reporting this. Could you give us more information such as which OS/browser your are using? it can help us to repro and fix this issue, thanks!

Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Appreciate someone following up... using MS Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3 and MS IE Version 8.0.6001.18702.

Very surprised that I'm using a MS OS and MS browser... and can't access a MS website... what's next?

Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Certainly there are problems using Google Chrome.

Microsoft: Could it be fixed so editing works on all major browsers (IE, Firofox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)?

-- Jonathan Bowen www.jpbowen.com
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:54 PM
  • We will look into this issue and get back to you soon.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Jon, could you please provide some detailed description of your issue, e.g. which page you met problems with, which will be definitely helpful.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Hi, we tried on our local XP+IE8 machine, but failed to repro the issue... Could you please tell us which of the following steps goes wrong? also please make sure that your IE enables javascript and cookies, thanks.

1. Click sign in buttong.

2. Sign in with your windows live account

3. it should redirect you to the editing page now. if not, please tell me which page you are redirected, and try to click the "edit" button on author page again.

Friday, October 14, 2011 9:05 AM