OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Just signed up for OnrCare and wnted to make a back up. I get two options one is to just back up the new Files, the other is to make a new back up. When I start the System checks my Computer and ask me to connect. I don't have time to fiddle around if I want to make a back up it should work.
    Sincrely,
    Eric
    • Moved by Whosane002 Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:25 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Monday, September 21, 2009 1:18 PM

Answers

• I have no idea why you though that the Expression profile Feedback forum was the place to post to, but that's why you did not get a reply until now.

I also have no clue what your issue is. If you have configured OneCare to perform a backup, you need to proceed with the backup or you will be presented with a warning. If your backup location is a removable device and it is not connected or CD/DVD you need to provide the backup device.

If you are trying to configure backup, you must have a network connection as the backup profile requires you to authenticate with your subscription LiveID and the server data is updated.

If you need help with configuring backup or running it and the help text available from within OneCare (when connected to the Internet!) does not help you, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:02 PM