Getting rid of this RRS feed

• Question

• I found out that I don't have genuine windows. I downloaded something to resolve this, but now it keeps popping up at random times and also when i log in telling me i do not have genuine windows.

Then, when I click on the link it gives me, it says that I must buy genuine windows.

I don't want genuine windos, I don't care if my computer may be damaged from now having it.

I want these pop-up messages to go away! How can I get rid of them, or the pregram that makes them apear.

I think that it was the "windows genuine protecter" or something simeler to that name.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:49 PM

Answers

• Halp!!!,

In order to get rid of the Get Genuine prompts, follow these simple steps.

1.  Backup and offload any valuable data you have on your computer.

2.  Visit www.freeos.com, select a free operating system that you think you might like, and download the files necessary to make installation discs for that OS.

3. Download and run this program http://dban.sourceforge.net/, make a boot diskette, and run the program.

4.  Install the previously selected free OS.

5.  Operate your computer free of Get Genuine prompts.

Sunday, January 6, 2008 4:28 AM

All replies

• In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:51 PM
  • As soon as I go to "validate windows" It opens a page, but then quickly re-directs me to this page:

This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation.

The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked.

Steps You Can Take

Get Genuine Windows Now

Featured Option
    Windows Vista
    Other Options

Windows Genuine Advantage Kit
    (for Windows XP Professional)

Purchase a genuine product key online and convert your system to genuine Windows without re-installing Windows. You'll also get a copy of your new product key via e-mail from service@microsoft.com and a new Windows XP CD for future use (see the Order Support page for shipping information).

Your Price:
    $199.00
    Country/Region:
    CD Language:
    Buy Now
    Online ordering temporarily unavailable.

To get this offer by phone, call:
    1-866-530-6599

Sunday, January 6, 2008 1:41 AM
  • Halp!!!,

In order to get rid of the Get Genuine prompts, follow these simple steps.

1.  Backup and offload any valuable data you have on your computer.

2.  Visit www.freeos.com, select a free operating system that you think you might like, and download the files necessary to make installation discs for that OS.

3. Download and run this program http://dban.sourceforge.net/, make a boot diskette, and run the program.

4.  Install the previously selected free OS.

5.  Operate your computer free of Get Genuine prompts.

Sunday, January 6, 2008 4:28 AM