Update Rollup 2 fails RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to apply Update Rollup 2 to a server (2003 SP1, SQL 2000 SP4).

The install fails with the message "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped. Contact customer support services."

CRM Data Migration Framework was installed on this machine and we removed it after seeing some articles suggestings that, but it does not seem to help.

Edited to add: Update Rollup 1 has not been installed.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Will,

This error message is quite vague. Could you find more information on this when looking into the Event Viewer? Otherwise enabling tracing for CRM and looking in the trace files might give some more insight in the cause of this error message. Another thing you could try is to look in the MS SQL Profiler since the error is database related.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen

Monday, October 22, 2007 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Will,

This error message is quite vague. Could you find more information on this when looking into the Event Viewer? Otherwise enabling tracing for CRM and looking in the trace files might give some more insight in the cause of this error message. Another thing you could try is to look in the MS SQL Profiler since the error is database related.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen

Monday, October 22, 2007 5:09 PM
  • Hi Will,

Did you ever find a resolution to this error? I am experiencing the same problem, when I try to install update rollup 2, I receive an error message stating the following: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped. Contact customer support services".

Thanx.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:42 PM