none
Google translate API not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to use google translate api with Visual Basic .Net 2013. I am using the following code.

But whenever I execute the code, I get error "GoogleServiceException was unhandled"

Screenshot of the error

Error

'Imports the Translate API 
    Imports Google.API.Translate
    Imports Google.API.Translate.TranslateClient
    Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            Dim UseM As New Google.API.Translate.TranslateClient("http://www.google.com")
            Dim text As String = "What is your name"
            txt1.Text = UseM.Translate(text, Language.English, Language.French, Google.API.Translate.TranslateFormat.Text)
        End Sub
    End Class

AdNaN

• Moved by Carl Cai Friday, August 29, 2014 5:41 AM (from vb.net)not related and issues related to third-party are not supported
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Answers

• For questions regarding using the Google API then you should contact Google. Doesn't Google provide support via a Google developers network or forum or something for Googles API's? For Google translate, Google Maps, Google Satellite or any other API's they provide?

La vida loca

If u don't know the answer then shut ur mouth off!!! I've seen people have already posted question about Google API in this forum. Most importantly, my question and problem not care about Google API. It cares about Visual Studio 2013.

The person that replied to you is correct. You should post to the appropriate Google forum about Google API issues. If you have a VS 2013 issue, then there is a MSDN VS forum too.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:18 PM
  • For questions regarding using the Google API then you should contact Google. Doesn't Google provide support via a Google developers network or forum or something for Googles API's? For Google translate, Google Maps, Google Satellite or any other API's they provide?

La vida loca

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:03 PM

All replies

La vida loca

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:03 PM

La vida loca

If u don't know the answer then shut ur mouth off!!! I've seen people have already posted question about Google API in this forum. Most importantly, my question and problem not care about Google API. It cares about Visual Studio 2013.

AdNaN

Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:20 AM

La vida loca

AdNaN

LOL.

No!

Most importantly you don't know what you're doing.

And your question has nothing to do with Visual Studio 2013. It has to do with an error in your application from a google API.

Plus you're stupid since you didn't realize that.

You see all the replies you received since your original post? One. It's a good possibility nobody else provided any reply cause the one you already received was what they may have recommended. So you're even dumber for not realizing that.

And apparently you're incapable of using google to get assistance from google on googles API's. Which makes you even stupider and dumber than you already were.

Plus this an English forum. Although you typed some english structurally it sucks. And looks like a monkey wrote it.

In fact all the pet rocks below (each with an I.Q. of less than 1) present more value with regard to mental acuity to the planet than you do.

La vida loca

Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:06 AM

La vida loca

The person that replied to you is correct. You should post to the appropriate Google forum about Google API issues. If you have a VS 2013 issue, then there is a MSDN VS forum too.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Hello,

I don't have an answer for you but will say from scanning through the documentation for these API leads me to think that you have not fully read up on how to setup for using the translation code. It has been one day since you have asked this question and have received replies to use Google support which is the right direction as if someone here had a suggestion it would have been mentioned by now.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Friday, August 29, 2014 5:40 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Mr. Monkeyboy,

Please refrain from calling people names, and edit your post.

As you know, name calling is not tolerated, nor are insults.

Thanks!

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:35 PM
  • While we are at it, although we don't support Google (Oddly enough), the error is fairly self explanatory.

Handle the unhandled exception.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:36 PM

La vida loca

AdNaN

Adnan,

If you truly want help for an issue, it's best not to antagonize people.

You could have asked for help handling unhanded exceptions, and perhaps received help.

Ironically, that help may have been the suggestion to google "unhandled Exception in VB.Net"

Karl

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:39 PM