Importing Excel to Crystal Report then Print it using VB.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can you please help me, I want to open an excel file in vb.net but I can't view it in crystal report viewer, and also after that I want to print it. how can I do that? Thanks and more power!

• Moved by Tina-Shi Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:07 AM the issue is related to this VB
    • Moved by Carl Cai Friday, April 3, 2015 5:59 AM issues related to third-party are not supported
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi can you please help me, I want to open an excel file in vb.net but I can't view it in crystal report viewer, and also after that I want to print it. how can I do that? Thanks and more power!

Unfortunately Crystal Reports is third party software.

I don't know what a Crystal Report viewer is though as I've never heard of that before. Perhaps at SAP's website there is information for printing from a Crystal Reports viewer and displaying an Excel file in the Crystal Reports viewer. Or however an Excel file may need to be imported to a Crystal Report to be viewed. I don't really know what terminology is used for Crystal Reports so have no idea how an Excel file would be used with that software.

SAP has or had forums for Crystal Reports related to use with Visual Studio. You should go to their website for assistance as they do have a community that can assist you. Below is a link to SAP concerning Crystal Reports and Visual Studio but you will need to search for support. You will also need to provide the version of Visual Studio and Crystal Reports and possibly Microsoft Office or Microsoft Excel you use if you post a question in a forum or community assistance area (whatever they call their support capability) I believe.

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio

At the above link is the below line about logging in to the community. So I guess you will need to join SAP to be able to Log in. If you click Log in below it will take you to a webpage for registering with SAP.

La vida loca

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:52 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Roxie.Heart,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this issue is related to this VB, so we will move this case to this VB forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral , you will get better support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:06 AM

Unfortunately Crystal Reports is third party software.

I don't know what a Crystal Report viewer is though as I've never heard of that before. Perhaps at SAP's website there is information for printing from a Crystal Reports viewer and displaying an Excel file in the Crystal Reports viewer. Or however an Excel file may need to be imported to a Crystal Report to be viewed. I don't really know what terminology is used for Crystal Reports so have no idea how an Excel file would be used with that software.

SAP has or had forums for Crystal Reports related to use with Visual Studio. You should go to their website for assistance as they do have a community that can assist you. Below is a link to SAP concerning Crystal Reports and Visual Studio but you will need to search for support. You will also need to provide the version of Visual Studio and Crystal Reports and possibly Microsoft Office or Microsoft Excel you use if you post a question in a forum or community assistance area (whatever they call their support capability) I believe.

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio

At the above link is the below line about logging in to the community. So I guess you will need to join SAP to be able to Log in. If you click Log in below it will take you to a webpage for registering with SAP.

La vida loca

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:52 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:35 AM