Office Validate Not Complete - Office Not Activated RRS feed

• Question

• I started a previous thread on this... became too busy to respond, and cannot respond to previous thread, so I will start a new one here...

Here is the message from the Validation software:

This computer has failed validation. Expand for details.

Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003

The product(s) listed above completed validation. However, as a result of the failed or incomplete validation(s) listed below, this computer is not eligible for the benefits of genuine Office. Remove the application(s) that failed or could not complete validation and run the validation tool again.

:
    Validation Incomplete: Office Must Be Activated

The validation process could not be completed because your copy of Microsoft Office has not been activated.

Activate Office now
    • Start any Office application. The activation wizard will walk you through the steps required to activate Office.
    • For additional instructions, or if you have problems activating Office and Office applications, visit knowledge base article # 828958. To learn more about benefits of product activation, visit the How to Tell site.
    I was unable to activate Office

If you are unable to activate Office by following the steps above or using the methods in the knowledge base article, the copy of Office on your computer may be counterfeit or may have been installed incorrectly.

What could prevent activation?
    • If your computer is new, the copy of Office installed on your computer may be counterfeit or may have been incorrectly installed.
    • If Office was installed or upgraded on an existing computer:
      • The copy of Office you installed on your computer may be counterfeit.
      • A third party, such as a repair shop, may have installed Office incorrectly or used a counterfeit copy.
    [0x80180101]

:
    Validation Incomplete: Office Must Be Activated

The validation process could not be completed because your copy of Microsoft Office has not been activated.

Activate Office now
    • Start any Office application. The activation wizard will walk you through the steps required to activate Office.
    • For additional instructions, or if you have problems activating Office and Office applications, visit knowledge base article # 828958. To learn more about benefits of product activation, visit the How to Tell site.
    I was unable to activate Office

If you are unable to activate Office by following the steps above or using the methods in the knowledge base article, the copy of Office on your computer may be counterfeit or may have been installed incorrectly.

What could prevent activation?
    • If your computer is new, the copy of Office installed on your computer may be counterfeit or may have been incorrectly installed.
    • If Office was installed or upgraded on an existing computer:
      • The copy of Office you installed on your computer may be counterfeit.
      • A third party, such as a repair shop, may have installed Office incorrectly or used a counterfeit copy.
    [0x80180101]

------------------------------

The problem that was pointed out to me is ...that Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 was validated, but Two other UN-NAMED programs did NOT validate.

I tried to figure out what two programs these could be, but was unable to do so....

As I pointed out in a previous thread.... when I bought a new computer a few years back, I ordered 2003 MS Small Bus Office installed on my new computer, and then TRANSFERRED the programs from my old computer to my new computer with a transfer program... I remember that I had MS Outlook on my old computer, which might be one of the programs the validation software is complaining about.

When I go to the Control Panel and look at the installed programs, ONLY
    2003 MS Small Bus Office is installed on my computer.... I do not see any other MS office programs...

I have NO idea how to proceed, since the validation tool does not tell me what programs it is complaining about.

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
    SteveB
    Friday, August 10, 2007 7:21 PM

Answers

•  

Steve,

Here is the previous thread you started with the troubleshooting we started:  http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1862392&SiteID=25

Lets try this

Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer, then reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key.

Next, review the KB article @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=enUtility.  This link provides information for Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions. 

If you are still having issues, can you do the following?

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with “ADMINISTRATOR” privileges.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click “CONTINUE”.

4) Is the “RESOLVE” button available? If so, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into reply of this post. 

We can take a look at it and offer you some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:48 PM
  • Lynnguist,

Let’s split your thread off so we may focus more attention on your particular situation.  Splitting threads are done to mitigate confusion caused by more than one posting about similar   topics allowing us to focus on each customer individually. 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool.  In turn the tool will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Also, please provide a brief synopsis describing the issue including any error messages or codes. These can be found in the lower left hand corner of most Genuine Advantage Web pages when an error is encountered.

Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the “Windows” tab, click “Copy”, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

STephen Holm, MS
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:05 AM
  • Lynnguist,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information, however if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

There are two methods for activating Office; telephone and the Internet which is the easier of the two methods. To activate the product by using the Internet, follow these steps:

For Microsoft Office 2007, follow these steps:

1)      Start any office program.

2)      In the Office Activation Wizard, click the “Activate by using Internet” option, and then click “Next”.

3)      Click “Submit” to send your information to the Microsoft licensing servers.

NOTE:  When your information is validated, the “Activation Complete” page appears.  Then, you can use the Office programs.  You will not have to activate Office in the future.

4)      Click “Finish”

Please follow the below guidance for telephone activation for your version of Office:

1)      Start any Office program.

2)      In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3)      Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4)      In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5)      Click “Next”.

6)      On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please reference the following KB Article “How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate an Office product” located here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.   Here you will find links for resolutions supporting various Office Suites. Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:24 PM

All replies

•  

Steve,

Here is the previous thread you started with the troubleshooting we started:  http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1862392&SiteID=25

Lets try this

Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer, then reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key.

Next, review the KB article @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=enUtility.  This link provides information for Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions. 

If you are still having issues, can you do the following?

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with “ADMINISTRATOR” privileges.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click “CONTINUE”.

4) Is the “RESOLVE” button available? If so, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into reply of this post. 

We can take a look at it and offer you some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:48 PM
  • This product is already activated but when I try to get updates it says it needs to be activated.  When I click the activation link it confirms that it is already activated.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GD6GR-K6DP3-4C8MT
    Windows Product Key Hash: s2kt66ZJWfV4nS1wFD5F9bxTSDw=
    Windows Product ID: 76477-OEM-2111907-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: {02AAC561-3CF3-481B-87B9-58FA33631862}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1_3E121E02-385-80004005_3E121E02-452-80004005_3E121E02-312-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{02AAC561-3CF3-481B-87B9-58FA33631862}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4C8MT</PKey><PID>76477-OEM-2111907-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3224439082-1433441749-3060304269</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 8400               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>A03</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20041011000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>09EF34870184E063</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>US Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell</name><model>Dell DIMENSION 8400</model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90190409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Publisher 2002</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>8A2A8D6D99DE776</Val><Hash>REX+axTp/oqLEIRwi1M8JfzC27c=</Hash><Pid>54197-751-7603156-16684</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:47 PM
  • Lynnguist,

Let’s split your thread off so we may focus more attention on your particular situation.  Splitting threads are done to mitigate confusion caused by more than one posting about similar   topics allowing us to focus on each customer individually. 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool.  In turn the tool will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Also, please provide a brief synopsis describing the issue including any error messages or codes. These can be found in the lower left hand corner of most Genuine Advantage Web pages when an error is encountered.

Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the “Windows” tab, click “Copy”, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

STephen Holm, MS
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:05 AM
  • OK, here it is again...

When I try to get Office updates I get a message that Publisher is not activated.  When I try to activate Publisher it says it is already activated.

Thanks,

Lynn

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GD6GR-K6DP3-4C8MT
    Windows Product Key Hash: s2kt66ZJWfV4nS1wFD5F9bxTSDw=
    Windows Product ID: 76477-OEM-2111907-00102
    ID: {02AAC561-3CF3-481B-87B9-58FA33631862}(3)
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0

Notifications Data-->
    Version: 1.5.540.0

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1_3E121E02-385-80004005_3E121E02-452-80004005_3E121E02-312-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{02AAC561-3CF3-481B-87B9-58FA33631862}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4C8MT</PKey><PID>76477-OEM-2111907-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3224439082-1433441749-3060304269</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 8400               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>A03</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20041011000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>09EF34870184E063</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>US Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell</name><model>Dell DIMENSION 8400</model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90190409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Publisher 2002</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>8A2A8D6D99DE776</Val><Hash>REX+axTp/oqLEIRwi1M8JfzC27c=</Hash><Pid>54197-751-7603156-16684</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Lynnguist,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information, however if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

There are two methods for activating Office; telephone and the Internet which is the easier of the two methods. To activate the product by using the Internet, follow these steps:

For Microsoft Office 2007, follow these steps:

1)      Start any office program.

2)      In the Office Activation Wizard, click the “Activate by using Internet” option, and then click “Next”.

3)      Click “Submit” to send your information to the Microsoft licensing servers.

NOTE:  When your information is validated, the “Activation Complete” page appears.  Then, you can use the Office programs.  You will not have to activate Office in the future.

4)      Click “Finish”

Please follow the below guidance for telephone activation for your version of Office:

1)      Start any Office program.

2)      In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3)      Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4)      In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5)      Click “Next”.

6)      On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please reference the following KB Article “How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate an Office product” located here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.   Here you will find links for resolutions supporting various Office Suites. Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:24 PM
  • None of the forums seem to be able to address this problem.  The product is already activated, though the diagnostic says "Office" is not activated (when you click on "Help" "Activate Product" a pop up says the product is activated).  there is no way to reactivate "Office" that I know of.  You cannot phone activate either, since the activation wizzard has to be running---and that doesn't happen if the productos already activated!  I've tried the Installer cleanup and I've tried reinstalling the sw, but was never prompted to (re)activate. 

Here's the dump from the diagnostic..you can see where is says "Office Status: 101 Not Activated"

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):

WGA Data-->

Validation Code: 0

Online Validation Code: N/A

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-CTK4J-JD3RT-8QVCG

Windows Product Key Hash: pi5qj7TXWjWs3MvHB44+KJaNMxY=

Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00238

ID: {1434B4EE-A303-4950-BCE5-90C22CA800B5}(3)

TestCab: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1

Vista BRT Data-->

Grace Flag: N/A

Commit: N/A

Reboot Flag: N/A

ThreatID(s): N/A

Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->

Version: 1.7.17.0

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: http=192.168.0.1:87

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{1434B4EE-A303-4950-BCE5-90C22CA800B5}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8QVCG</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00238</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3848448594-3020190987-2214429306</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>vpr Matrix, Inc.               </Manufacturer><Model>Personal Computer              </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>PT84510A.86A.0012.P01.0111131009</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20011113000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>vpr Matrix</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>D6F23C670184C05E</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>vpr Matrix, Inc.</name><model>Personal Computer</model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData>              <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{913D0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>4049C3ED5A290D4</Val><Hash>jStWxjx5Q7BwVMxkyhQRJ2Wi1Qs=</Hash><Pid>55866-718-3586346-17660</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, November 3, 2007 2:55 AM
  • Did you try to call:

Office activation (U.S. only): (888) 652-2342
    Windows activation: (888) 571-2048
    TTY number: (800) 718-1599
    If you are an International customer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx)

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 11:14 PM