Related Entity in workflow not available for updating RRS feed

• Question

• Two custom entities "Detailings" and "Project Managements". The project management is the parental relationship to the detailing. I'm trying to create a workflow for when fields change in project management to update fields in detailings. However detailings is not an available related entity type in the process. What am I missing? See screen shots attached.
    • Edited by Nicole_CRM Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:31 PM

Answers

• Here's the answer thread on that subject: http://crm2011distributewf.codeplex.com/discussions/399151

Short answer, you need to be a deployment administrator.

If that doesn't solve it, I would recommend grabbing the source code and updating it so you don't need to be deployment admin.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nicole_CRM Monday, October 27, 2014 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:39 PM

All replies

• You can't update child records out of the box with workflow in CRM.  You will either need to write a plugin to update those records, or a custom workflow step to update the child records.  You could star here: http://crm2011distributewf.codeplex.com/  That will let you distribute workflows to child entities, so you would have two workflows, one that triggered on the Parent, and one that then was distributed to all Children.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:44 PM
  • Hi Nicole,

Wayne is correct. You can only update lookup records i.e. N:1 in OOB workflow.

You can create plugin or WF or Js to update the 1:N records. Please refer below link.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/135687.aspx 

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. However, when I try to import the managed solution from codeplex I am receiving an error

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:07 PM
  • The second tab of that error log will have the real error details.  You can copy/paste them here to give us more info..  That said, I would suggest taking that to Codeplex, as the creator will likely have better answers for solution errors than us.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Plugin Assembly

Crm2011DistributeWF, Version=1.2.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a902766b5361155

0x80040256

Action failed for assembly 'Crm2011DistributeWF, Version=1.2.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a902766b5361155': Assembly must be registered in isolation.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Here's the answer thread on that subject: http://crm2011distributewf.codeplex.com/discussions/399151

Short answer, you need to be a deployment administrator.

If that doesn't solve it, I would recommend grabbing the source code and updating it so you don't need to be deployment admin.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nicole_CRM Monday, October 27, 2014 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:39 PM
  • Instead installing the solution you can register the assembly dll in sandbox using plugin registration tool.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Thanks Wayne. I logged in as Administrator and the import worked. Thanks for your help!
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Glad that worked!

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:42 PM