locked
Forum Associated View Error RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    We just migrate from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. Now then you try to use Forum Associated view (Created for "Customze Entity - Forum") for any contact it return the error: "Red circle with white X inside and message - ERROR - An error has occurred - Try this action again ......." . Any others associated views (Studies, Customs and so on are working). Do we have any option to fix it and how. Thank you.

    In CRM trace I have:

    Error Description:

    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.


    Error Details:

    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.


    Full Stack:

    [KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    and so on ....
    Friday, May 30, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

  • There was some broken mapping that worked in CRM3, but not in CRM4.  Once we got the field types matched up, the problem still existed.  The solution was that we were mapping two picklist type fields, but one picklist didn't have the same number of choices as the other.  So, not only do the field types need to be the same, but also if they are a picklist, they have to have the same number of elements.

     

    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 9:14 PM

All replies

  • bsirotin,

     

    Not knowing your setup very well, here's where I think the problem could be:

     

    1. There is a bad SavedQuery (custom view) for Forum that needs to be removed

    2. The Entity XML has gotten corrupted one way or another (from exporting the Entity XML, modifying it and uploading it again).

    3. There is a plugin that is is running off of the RetrieveMultiple trigger.

     

    Typically the "The given key was not present in the dictionary" is an error stating that an attribute is trying to be retrieved that doesn't exist.  This could be due to a misspelling in code, an attribute was not placed in the column set or you are trying to retrieve an attribute that just plain isn't in the entity.

     

    My guess is that there is some bad XML somewhere.

     

    Fronk

    Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:47 AM
  • There was some broken mapping that worked in CRM3, but not in CRM4.  Once we got the field types matched up, the problem still existed.  The solution was that we were mapping two picklist type fields, but one picklist didn't have the same number of choices as the other.  So, not only do the field types need to be the same, but also if they are a picklist, they have to have the same number of elements.

     

    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 9:14 PM