Sync a complete SQL Ce DB without deleting DB or dropping the existing tables ? (SyncDirection.Snapshot OR SyncDirection.DownloadOnly) RRS feed

• Question

•  hi,

I have a SQL Ce 3.5 sp1 table in my app and I need to continually sync data from a SQL Server table in downloadonly mode.

All tentatives I made are not compliant with my needs: 

I tried to use SyncDirection.DownloadOnly but it works only if I delete the DB or Tables before running the synchronization;

I tried to use SyncDirection.Snapshot but it works only if I delete tables before running the synchronization;

One of scenaro is: First application launch, I would sync all data and then continually sync server modifications

2nd scenario is: if I delete local table for any reason, I would redo scenario n° 1.

Any help to achieve that

Thanks

-vince

-Vince
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:35 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Vince,

DownloadOnly Sync direction should be used in your case for sure, scenario 1 should be there by default. to support scenario 2, you may need to call the setupReceviedAnchor manually to reset the anchor to NULL so that the changes on the server can be re-downloaded to the client.

thanks
    Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:37 AM