none
Task Scheduler will not run SyncToy using drive letter

Question

• I have been trying to run SyncToy with Task Scheduler with the option of "Run weather user is logged on or not". This is important because I have users just log off their workstation at the end of their day and I have SyncToy run later that evening. I have SyncToy setup with having the right folder as H:\mail. When I look at the SyncToy log it gives me this error "Failed to execute folder pair MyFiles. Could not locate folder H:\mail\". I can run it manually with no issues, it is just when I try to have Task Scheduler do it no success. From looking around forums I know that if I switch the option from "Run weather user is logged on or not" to " Run only when user is logged on" everything works like it should, I have tested this out. Does anyone know of anything else I could do to fix this issue?
    Friday, July 17, 2015 6:02 PM

All replies

• It's possible that the Actions section was not set up correctly.  Make sure your Programs/Script line includes the full path, like this (including the quotation marks): "C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe"

The Arguments line should include your SyncToy name.  So, if the SyncToy pair is call Sync_Mail, the argument should be (including the quotation marks): -R "Sync_Mail"

Lastly, your Start in line should include the full path of the SyncToy program folder, like this: C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1

Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:46 AM
  • When I first discovered this issue I did go back and check to make sure that everything you just listed was correct. Everything is correct and I don't know what else to try at this point.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 1:09 PM