LCS 2005 SP1 SE home server keeps connecting to old LCS SP1 director after new OCS 2007 directors installed? RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated my envrionment to a new array of OCS 2007 standard edition directors tonite - however my existing LCS 2005 SP1 Standard edition home server still wants to send traffic to the old director (olddirectorname.m.com) for outbound traffic.  Error messages shows up as:

$$begin_record
    LogType: diagnostic
    Date: 2008/12/03 04:05:11
    Severity: warning
    Text: Unable to route the request
    SIP-Start-Line: NOTIFY sipSurpriseutsideuser@hotmail.com SIP/2.0
    SIP-Call-ID: 7c7e6d8ad9b7
    SIP-CSeq: 130 NOTIFY
    Peer: olddirectorname.m.com:5061
    Data: Cleaning up outstanding messages on a socket that is being closed
    $$end_record

the olddirectorname.m.com has been deactivated.  it doesn't show up in any validation report on my OCS 2007 SE Access Edge server or my two OCS 2007 SE directors deployed as an array using a Cisco hardbalancer.

Traffic coming from:

internet -->  edge 2007 server --> array of 2007 SE directors --> Lcs 2005 SP1  server 

works fine - and my users can reply to it.

However traffic flowing:

LCS 2005 SP1 Server  --> tries to conenct to olddirectorname.m.com --> then fails because it doesn't exist.

I checked my global federation route; checked my overrides on the two OCS 2007 array directors; verified the federation tab on each server was set properly; there are no references to olddirectorname.m.com in any UI on the OCS and LCS servers.  I rebooted the entire environment - it's still finding this old server some how.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:33 AM

All replies

• Take a look at the configuration objects in AD and search for any left-over occurances of that old FQDN: 

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13

Also, I've seen behavior like this before when some servers were not yet rebooted, so make sure that you are 100% certain that every LCS/OCS service has been stopped and restart them all manually in the dependant order.  That old FQDN is floating around somewhere.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:30 PM