Validationsays succesful but still no go! RRS feed

• Question

• All my validation attempts say successful but when I try to download a template from word it says I have to validate.  It goes around and around like this with no result.  I use Vista and Mozilla Firefox but I tried it with Explorer too....same result.
    • Moved by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:30 AM Wrong forum.... stephen (Moved from Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office) to Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:26 AM appears to be an Office issue (Moved from Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista) to Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office))
    Monday, March 16, 2009 8:42 PM

Answers

• Hello vista17,

Please go to
    http://microsoft.com/genuine/diag and click the Start Diagnostic button. The page will check and see if your system is setup to Validate correctly. If the page finds any problems it will either be able to correct it automaticly or if it can't, it will provide steps on how to resolve the issue manually.

Once you have passed the Diag successfully, click the 'Validate Office' button. If you Validate successfully, return to the download area and you should be able to download the template without issue.

If you still have issues, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 20, 2009 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:13 AM