none
TFS Build fails for IDictionary<string,object>.TryGetValue(string, out object)' has some invalid arguments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have extension method written for TryGetValue. 

It build all my projects when I build it in Visual Studio. It get fails when i try to build it with TFS 2013 build 

it gives error 

CreateUpdateDeleteRecordUtilities.cs(161,26): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,object>.TryGetValue(string, out object)' has some invalid arguments [C:\Builds\14\AI Service Oriented Architecture -- 5.x\Copy of CommunitiesDeveloper\Sources\AI.Services.Framework.Utilities\AI.Services.Framework.Utilities.csproj]

CreateUpdateDeleteRecordUtilities.cs(161,94): error CS1503: Argument 2: cannot convert from 'out AI.Framework.BusinessLogic.GenericEntity.AIGenericEntityBase' to 'out object' [C:\Builds\14\AI Service Oriented Architecture -- 5.x\Copy of CommunitiesDeveloper\Sources\AI.Services.Framework.Utilities\AI.Services.Framework.Utilities.csproj]

Can anybody help me out to fix this issue.

Thanks

Yogesh 

• Moved by Jamles Hez Monday, November 9, 2015 3:05 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hello Yogesh,

The error only happens on TFS build process or the error is thrown when editing the code?

>> error CS1503: Argument 2: cannot convert from 'out AI.Framework.BusinessLogic.GenericEntity.AIGenericEntityBase' to 'out object'

Looks like the AIGenericEntityBase cannot be converted to object, see this Compiler Error CS1503: The type of one argument in a method does not match the type that was passed when the class was instantiated.

I believe this issue is not the build issue, instead, it could be the code issue and I would suggest you ask at language specific forums to see if they can provide you some suggestions. Without knowing more detail I cannot help move to the correct forum.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:27 AM
    • Edited by Jamles Hez Monday, November 9, 2015 3:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yogesh Bandiwadekar Monday, March 27, 2017 12:38 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:24 PM