CRM 2011 Email Router - Permissions and privileges RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all. I'm trying to properly setup the CRM 2011 UR 6 and it has been very painful. As of yesterday, I was able to configure the Email Router properly but when I want to deploy some rules, I found myself with the error "Failed to access the default store for the user" in the Deployment Wizard.

I'm guessing it's a privilege thing but cannot figure why or how to solve it. I have an account in the domain ORG called SIAadminCRM that is local admin in the server in which I'm running the Deployment Wizard. Also, this account is SYSADMIN in CRM 2011 and has Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Administrative Privileges. My forward mailbox is called crmMailbox and I have granted impersonation permissions to this account, which by the way is a domain user, nothing more.

I've read the whole documentation and what I'm lacking is in granting Domain Admin privileges to both accounts to see if I can solve the problem at hand. But, as you've guessed, organization's Exchange Administrator is reluctant to grant this kind of privileges without proper justification.

So my question here is: What privileges need both SIAadminCRM and crmMailbox in order to properly set the CRM Email Router?

Thanks,

Guillermo Taylor F.
    IT Pro & Xbox gamer
    My blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure to add SIAadminCRM and crmMailbox accounts to the PrivUserGroup security group in Active Directory.

if dint help please chek the below thread,

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/64703bc5-bdd3-4e52-9749-664c59fe3356

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Hello. Well both accounts belong to that group; I just double checked... I also review the thread you post and that didn't help also...

I'm not quite following what does the "Failed to access the default store for the user" error message means. Can anyone explain it to me, please? Here in the client both the Domain Admin and the Exchange Admin want more information on this and how they can help in any way.

Thanks,

Guillermo Taylor F.
    IT Pro & Xbox gamer
    My blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:43 PM
  • Based on what you posted in the other thread and here I would agree that this is defintaely a permissions issue.  But those are always the hardest to track down! :(

Are you running the deployment wizard as SIAdminCRM or your domain/admin account?  If your org has security logging turned on your exchange admin might be able to look on the exchange server and see if there were any Audit Failures in the Security Event Log.  This might help you figure out what is causing the errors.

If this post was helpful please mark it as helpful, if it solved your problem please mark it as answered.
    Visit my Blog: http://matthewchurilla.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:14 PM
  • OK, so the error is an Exchange permissions thing - you don't have access to the user's default (mailbox) store.

You may be an Exchange admin but that may or may not give you access rights over the users mailbox content. You need to check the access rights on the mailbox to see who has these, and maybe set up a group and/or account to have this right specifically.

Hope this helps Adam Vero, MCT

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:49 PM