Trial offer price RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I was alerted to subscribe before the end of my trial period I was charged $49.95 when the offer clearly stated $29.95?  Why?

Sunday, February 10, 2008 5:45 PM

Answers

• When did you purchase onecare?

AFAIK

Customers will only see this conversion special offer if they are using a Free Trial and are coming close to the end of their subscription.  Also please note that this conversion dialog is currently only displayed to EN-US customers, but other (different) worldwide and region specific conversion offers are being created that will use the same format.

The first offer is tied to a “New Years Special”, .

Time Period Offer Description Conversion Dialog Text   Applicable Markets Offer Ready? (as of 01/03/08)  
    Jan 15 – Jan 31 “40% off Discount” New Years Special
    Purchase
      your OneCare today and get your first year’s subscription for just $29.95 !  That’s $20 in savings and each subscription covers up to 3 PCs.  (This limited time offers expires Jan 31, 2008)  
    US only Yes

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:17 PM

All replies

• When did you purchase onecare?

AFAIK

Customers will only see this conversion special offer if they are using a Free Trial and are coming close to the end of their subscription.  Also please note that this conversion dialog is currently only displayed to EN-US customers, but other (different) worldwide and region specific conversion offers are being created that will use the same format.

The first offer is tied to a “New Years Special”, .

Time Period Offer Description Conversion Dialog Text   Applicable Markets Offer Ready? (as of 01/03/08)  
    Jan 15 – Jan 31 “40% off Discount” New Years Special
    Purchase
      your OneCare today and get your first year’s subscription for just $29.95 !  That’s $20 in savings and each subscription covers up to 3 PCs.  (This limited time offers expires Jan 31, 2008)  
    US only Yes

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:17 PM
  • I can now see I purchased OneCare too late.  I just got it today but my trial period started back in November.  I thought the offer was in conjunction with the trial period...not tied to January purchases only.  No chance I can still recieve the special price now?

Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:07 PM
  • You can contact support to cancel the subscription you have already paid for (within 30 days of purchase) and look for one of the retail deals that currently exist.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=729183

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:19 AM