Finding a Teacher and a Platform RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been developing access databases and excel spreadsheets for my company for 2 years.  I've gotten into VBA and SQL so far, but I keep getting pulled in different directions so it's hard to tell where I should focus my attention.  I've had people suggest I look in to WPF, Windows Forms, SOAP, Visual Studio, etc. and I don't know where to begin.  I am capable of learning and my company is willing to provide me with an instructor to aid in the process.  At the end of the day, what they want me to create is something comparable to Construction Project Management Software (i.e. Prolog), but in a scaled down way.  They want all of the Access Databases and Excel Spreadsheets we use to manage projects turned into one program.

Where do I begin and how to I find a legitimate tutor?

Thanks,

Betsy

Friday, July 5, 2013 6:14 PM

Answers

• Where do I begin and how to I find a legitimate tutor?

I've done this kind of tutoring in the past. The way in which the clients found me was through a training center. Basically, the client went to a training center and explained their specific needs, much in the way that you did in your message. The training center replied something along the lines of "sorry, none of our scheduled courses would accurately fit your needs, but we can get you in contact with an experienced trainer, and you can arrange some dedicated tutoring on the subjects that you require."

So I would suggest that you call a good training center in your area and explain your needs. Hopefully, they should be able to get you in contact with a local trainer.

• Marked as answer by BetsyArm Monday, July 8, 2013 2:29 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:39 AM

All replies

• Where do I begin and how to I find a legitimate tutor?

I've done this kind of tutoring in the past. The way in which the clients found me was through a training center. Basically, the client went to a training center and explained their specific needs, much in the way that you did in your message. The training center replied something along the lines of "sorry, none of our scheduled courses would accurately fit your needs, but we can get you in contact with an experienced trainer, and you can arrange some dedicated tutoring on the subjects that you require."

So I would suggest that you call a good training center in your area and explain your needs. Hopefully, they should be able to get you in contact with a local trainer.

• Marked as answer by BetsyArm Monday, July 8, 2013 2:29 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:39 AM
  • Thank you for the response!
    Monday, July 8, 2013 2:29 PM