Dynamics CRM 2011 - Rollup 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Just installed UR10 on our DEV system and noticed an issue. The installation was successful and after a reboot, we did our usual Post update testing; We found that the JavaScript source editor now have a 2000 character limit check and if you're not careful and press OK, your JavaScript file will truncate to 2000 characters. Has anyone notice this issue or any other issues with UR10?

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Monday, August 20, 2012 6:08 AM

Answers

• I have logged a support ticket with Microsoft and they are aware of the issue.  They are working to resolve it.

In the meantime, the workaround is click (Cancel instead of OK) and the code will not be truncated.  Then, you can save and publish.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Please see this article and use an external editor for your Script changes.

"The text editor provided in the Web Resource Form is intended for use with very simple HTML editing. For more sophisticated HTML documents, you should edit the code in an external editor and use the Browse button to upload the contents of your file."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309536.aspx

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:06 PM
  • I understand if it is not the response you wanted but it is correct information. 

As Wikky shared above, Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working to provide a more satisfactory resolution.  Keep in mind that we are not Microsoft employees so ranting at us is not going to provide any positive result.  We are simply sharing the information we have in the hope that it helps.

Thanks,

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:44 PM

All replies

• I have noticed this issue too!  I posted here about it:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/7f1afca5-004e-4780-9bbc-a9d6c3109c41

Do you know how we can contact Microsoft about this?  This is a huge problem.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:16 AM
  • Same here!  What's going on?  You get the code truncated!
    Friday, August 24, 2012 8:33 PM
  • I have logged a support ticket with Microsoft and they are aware of the issue.  They are working to resolve it.

In the meantime, the workaround is click (Cancel instead of OK) and the code will not be truncated.  Then, you can save and publish.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Please see this article and use an external editor for your Script changes.

"The text editor provided in the Web Resource Form is intended for use with very simple HTML editing. For more sophisticated HTML documents, you should edit the code in an external editor and use the Browse button to upload the contents of your file."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309536.aspx

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:06 PM
  • That's no answer.  This worked before UR10.  It was broken in UR10.

Everything is not a major edit.  Sometimes you want to make a simple test change without using an external editor, esp. with javascript resources.  You may copy the code into the external editor later if you are satisfied with the results.  That just added about 10 steps to this process because every small change requires going back and forth.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:56 PM
  • I understand if it is not the response you wanted but it is correct information. 

As Wikky shared above, Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working to provide a more satisfactory resolution.  Keep in mind that we are not Microsoft employees so ranting at us is not going to provide any positive result.  We are simply sharing the information we have in the hope that it helps.

Thanks,

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:44 PM
  • I apologize.  I'm not ranting at you, I'm simply stating a fact.  It makes me wonder about QA to miss something that came so quickly.

I guess I'm a little annoyed about another issue with CRM right now that is causing us problems.  Something that I would expect to be better in a product that cost us as much as it does.

• Edited by simdoc Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:01 PM
  • These frequent updates are a bit of a two edged sword.

We are getting really frequent updates to the product which is great from one point of view as major issues should get fixed faster. The downside is that the amount of testing able to be done within those short release cycles is lessened.

I won't be applying these update rollups immediately anymore -it might be worth just waiting a while unless there's something you desperately need. I especially wanted this fix below, but looks like we will all just have to wait...

- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook crashes because of heap corruptions. 

Josh Ash

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:19 AM