Bitlocker gives an error on a restored HD. RRS feed

• Question

• Bitlocker gives an error on a Client PC running Win 7x64 SP1 after HD's were restored from WHS 2011 SP1:

"Bitlocker A required TPM measurement is missing."

To fix this error I had to reboot using the Install media and go to the \boot directory of the installer media, dvd or Flash Drive.

Then run:

diskpart

lis vol                     List Volumes. (We want to find the System Startup HD and System Reserved Volume.)

My System Startup HD is e:\ and my System Reserved Volume is c:\

Act                         Activate or mark bootable the System Reserved Volume.

Exit                         exit diskpart.

Then run the following commands from the \boot location.

bcdboot e:\windows /s c:            Put files on the System Reserved Volume at current \boot location

bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr                 Update mbr for System Reserved Volume.

This fixed my problem. After a reboot Bitlocker worked and encryped my Windows Startup HD partition.

Bruce Hobson IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:59 AM