Port forwarding problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Linksys WRT54GL.  I have been using WHS V1 for years and had my router configured to forward ports 80, 443, 4125 and 3389.  I have been using WHS V2 and had some problems with accessing my WHS web site from away from home.  I had it working but would receive an error as if something was not working.  Just today I updated my router and checked the settings and now I get an error that the router is not working.  I still have the same ports configured and have UPnP enabled.  I have the port forwarding setup on the router Port Forwarding Range page.  I am confused what setting I need to change in order to get this to work.  I have checked the router settings numerous times but I cannot figur out what I need to do apparently on the router to get this working and if someone has this router I would appreciate some help.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:26 AM

All replies

• Have you tried pulling power from the router for 20-30 seconds and then repowering.

I had a related issue and the routers web interface soft reboot did not clear the cache which resulted in remote access hitting the old server not the new one. The port forwards looked correct in the config but did not work until after the complete power off.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:17 AM
  • I had not tired that and so I did and have the same problem.  The WHS error I get is that port forwarding is not enabled on my router which is why I am confused.  Possibly if I reset my router and set it up totally again.  I apparently have some setting on my router that is the problem.  I only mess with the router about once a year so I don't know a great deal about it.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:56 AM
  • I was at work and just happened to think about trying to access my home servers web site guessing that it would not work since last evening I was told by WHS that it was not working.  I am shocked that today I can access my home server. This is an example of why I will never understand the setup for this and what actually works.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:58 PM
  • One bit of information that I missed off my previous reply was on my system the server always complained that remote access was not available even though it was. My router is an ISP supplied non UPNP unit and the server seemed to have issue's with that.

I never really chased it any further as remote access was working fine.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:44 PM