none
Money substitute RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10.  I had been running Money on an older computer which had Windows XP.  I understand that Money has not been supported since 2009.  What software will be able to use the Money files and continue from there?
    Monday, September 5, 2016 11:56 PM

All replies

• Money works on Windows 10.  If you are in the US, download Money Sunset from the second sticky on this forum.  Then follow the instructions on the first sticky to fix the bug in that file.  Outside of the US just download and install the appropriate file in that second sticky.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Install Money according the country your existing Money file came from using the link from what is currently the second post in this forum. If that is Money Plus Sunset, put in the patched DLL described in the first post.

Copy your *.mny file from the old computer to a spot you can write to in the new computer. It is important that that folder is not mirrored on the fly by a cloud program such as OneDrive. You can make a new folder for the purpose. Then open Money by doubleclicking the *.mny file that you copied.

After you get into the new file, change the backup spot to a place that exists on the new computer. It is best to use Browse to do that.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:25 AM
  • Make sure that your copy of Windows 10 is fully updated before running Money. There are patches that are in the updates that help Money work correctly.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:14 PM