why does my .qif imports all show dates from 2001 RRS feed

• Question

• I have money98  .. and I LOVE it .. but unfortunately can't use this for windows 10 .. so as much as  loathe money sunset over money  98  desiced to once again try and use it ..  so I installed money sunset o nmy windows 10 laptop . .then walked over to my windows XP and saved on a flashdrive my money 98 onto the flash it was 54KB in size ..   the files I have are only from jan 01 15  to Nov 1 15.. sunset found the .qif and installed it  but the date are from 2001 to 2012 ,,.. even tranactions I did yesterday are recorded as Jan 2001 ...  

Looks like I'm keep my windows XP  even longer ..

ideas ??

rsvp

ttodd0450@outlook.com

Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:37 PM

All replies

• Very odd indeed.  After you installed Money Plus Deluxe on your Windows 10 machine did you replace the mnyob99.dll file as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

If not, I would try that and then re-try the qif import.

Bill Becker

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:17 AM
  • After the patch that Bill pointed to, try this instead of the QIF method:

1.On the old computer, close Money.
    2.Open Windows Explorer (WindowsKey+E is one way to do that)

Click Tools->FolderOptions->View and un-tick (remove check mark on)
    the HideExtensionForKnownFileTypes.  Click OK.  That way you will
    be able to see the actual .mny part of the filename.

3.Browse to your *.mny file on the old drive. Right-click and choose Copy.
    4. Paste into a USB flash drive.
    5. Move the USB flash drive to the new computer. Copy your *.mny file to your Documents folder on the new drive.., Right-click and choose Paste.
    6.Right-click the copied file Documents folder, and choose Open. That should launch Money.
    7.Once inside, Tools->Options->Backup to set the backups to a place that exists on the new computer. Use Browse to help find a place that exists. Consider your backup strategy. You may want to make the upon-exit  backup to be a place in your Documents folder, and put your scheduled backup on a Flash drive. That way, a hard drive crash does not make you lose all of your backups.

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:41 AM