corrupt cached pages msnbot RRS feed

• Question

• for some time now I have been noticing a lot of corrupt cached pages for our website on msn.  all the other major search engines have not had any problems indexing or caching our sites since it was live, however msnbot does.

does anybody know how can I get these corrupt cached pages replaced with the correct content as its been quite some time now and they have not been updated as a result of a crawl where as google and yahoo are current and un-corrupted (as always) ?

example of corrupt page in msn
    • www.giftsandmerchandise.co.uk

xÚí}kS I¶àg áÿ­‰mºc)$ñ°Á õ ÆnßƆ6x|gw6ˆTUJ*Sªª® Bsïýï{ ™õR $!0wƒŽ £ªÊÇ9™'OžWž|ûÓ»Ó£‹œ ‹A2ôÄÙ×ӏG¢a5›ß6šÍw ïÄ ...

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:18 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I reported this issue to our internal feedback group, but I don't know how long it will take for it to correct. If you don't see a change in two weeks, let me know by emailing lswmc@microsoft.com; reference this post in the subject line and I will follow up on it.

Thanks,

Brett 

Monday, September 15, 2008 5:31 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I reported this issue to our internal feedback group, but I don't know how long it will take for it to correct. If you don't see a change in two weeks, let me know by emailing lswmc@microsoft.com; reference this post in the subject line and I will follow up on it.

Thanks,

Brett 

Monday, September 15, 2008 5:31 PM
  • Thanks Brett,
    Will let you know in 2 weeks time.
    Nic
    Monday, September 15, 2008 6:10 PM
  • Brett,

Its been 2 weeks now and MSN bot has been to index my site but the cached pages still remain corrupt.

Nic
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:39 PM
  • This gets better....

2 weeks ago you asked me to send you an email if this problem was not resolved.
    I just did and it looks like there is a problem emailing you also......

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    corrupt cached pages msnbot - MSN Live Webmaster Forum

Sent: 30/9/2008 19:47

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

lswmc@microsoft.com on 30/9/2008 19:48

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

< mail140-va3-R.bigfish.com #5.0.0 X-Postfix; host    winse-6216-mail5.customer.frontbridge.com[131.107.115.214] said: 550 5.1.1    User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command)>

Any ideas anybody ?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Corrupt cache still not fixed and I still can't email Brett as emails keep bouncing
    Does anybody have any ideas how I get this resolved or should I just continue to ignore MSN ??
    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:50 AM
  • I gather since I have received no further responses this is a problem only MSN suffers with and nobody has a solution....yet?

The only one I could come up with is to ignore MSN completely as I don't seem to be able to progress any further.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:01 AM