Blink data stored on local card - can it be on SD card if available? RRS feed

• Question

• Since the release of the Amber update work the Nokia 822, we can now see more in-depth information about where data is being managed by apps.  I noticed I have over 1GB of app data the blink app - the most out of any apps.  Would it be possible to add an option in the app to direct storage to the SD card if available?  I have a 32GB card there specifically for media...

Just curious,

Brian

BYoung, Sr. Server Analyst

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:22 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your query, it is a great suggestion. Unfortunately in WP8, apps  have read only access to SD storage but can't write to them. Since blink stores all your data until you explicitly delete it, it would occupy a lot of storage depending on usage.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 5:38 PM
  • If This is so, Than why can instagram write My New instagrammed photos to My SD card???? I like Windows apps like Blink and Photosynth, but they are basically nonsensical as they Will simply fill up My phones storage and make It unusable.... How is This handy? I have a phone with Little local storage, but enough for WP8 and a load of apps, and I have a 32g SD card..... Let's use these what they were intended for. So currently I deinstalled all these apps... The function is nice, but they break my phone.....

and when I say break, I mean break.... After playing around with photosynth for a while all my free space was gone, and even deleting the photosynth projects and even the app itself would not free the space.... It was all classified as wp8 temp files and could not be deleted. Even storage cleaning apps couldn't get rid of it. Only thing I could do was a reset to factury settings and reinstal everything. So yeah.... Letting those apps use the SD card would make (common) sense.

Monday, April 21, 2014 8:25 AM