Error in Live meeting when trying to invite someone by email RRS feed

• Question

• When a live meeting session is established and the presenter wishes to invite someone by email to the session they receive the following error

"Unable to send email invitations." If you have Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later, make sure it is your primary email program and then try again. If you are using another e-mail program, create and send an email invitation that includes the meeting information from the meeting pane."

The workstation is running Windows XP Sp3, Office 2003 SP3 and I am running the latest version of the live meeting client. I have confirm that Outlook is the default email program by looking at HKLM AND HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail (Default) to make sure they are set to Microsoft Outlook.

I have also seen the article

Error message when you try to send an e-mail invitation in Live Meeting 2007: "Unable to send e-mail invitations"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/947381
    Article ID : 947381

Any ideas?

Friday, October 30, 2009 3:35 AM

All replies

• Are you a hosted Live Meeting customer or do you have an on-premise OCS deployment that Live Meeting is configured to use?  If Office Communicator is deployed, are you seeing an Outlook Integration error alert in the client?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, October 30, 2009 2:54 PM
  • Hi
    Like Jeff asked, any update for your issue?

Regards!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:41 AM
  • The OCS Deployment is deployed internally at the clients site. The error is within the Live meeting client when trying to send the invite via email, the error window will pop up in Live Meeting.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:07 PM
  • The OCS Deployment is deployed internally at the clients site. The error is within the Live meeting client when trying to send the invite via email, the error window will pop up in Live Meeting.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:07 PM