International Sunset Version and Money 04/05 : Import works great ! RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings from Australia !

I have been using Money since 99 , and because I am in Australia only have access to the International Version. However I have downloaded previous US versions.

Well , the Sunset Edition of Money , especially the Home and Business version came with a few surprises. Mainly in the fact of what happened after I installed it "just to check it out".

Even though the US version is for the US , when I installed this version I found that a number of "US" functionality has actually been disabled. In fact it somehow adapted some areas to Australia, including the base currency. Yes I know what you are going to say but the functionality of online services, etc seems to have numbed down the USA version and what difference it shares with the International version. It still shares a number of items that are specific to the US but these are only minor in certain areas.

Importing a Money 2004 file was easy after an adjustment to the registry I was told about , but you must leave Money 2004 or 5 of the International Version on the computer for it to work.

Well what can I say I will still be using Money and now I have mastered the Home and Business version. This is great as I love the layout.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:56 AM